NZFP Foxpine Airpark, New Zealand.

Find everything related to the NZ Retro AI Project and Snowman's airport sceneries here, including downloads, previews and announcements

Postby Snowman » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:37 pm

Just uploaded to Flightsim.com, and should be available for download from the library within the next 24hrs..............

Foxpine Airpark, New Zealand. NZFP.

FoxPine AirPark is situated near the small provincial town of Foxton on the South West coast of New Zealand’s North Island.
This Private Airfield set in park-like grounds is sited on a broad coastal plain of mixed farming and forestry bounded by sweeping beaches,
a meandering river, and off to the East, rugged bush-clad ranges, all great places to fly.
FoxPine is also the New Zealand home of the "Jabiru" light aircraft, where is assembled, sold and serviced.
This scenery contains a bonus custom AI package, comprising of seven Jabiru-2's, a Cessna 172, and a Maule M6, and a traffic file for the aircraft.
The AI aircraft, and the traffic file are fully compatible with GNZLAP traffic.

A few quick pics snapped off during the building of the scenery.................

Lawrie. New_Zealand_etc.gif

Snowman
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby dbcunnz » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:12 pm

Here are a couple of pics of a photo real Foxpine not yet released still getting the blends for NZNI and VLC before it will be released within the next couple of weeks.

dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Postby rayclyde » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:49 am

Snowman wrote:
QUOTE (Snowman @ Aug 21 2012,9:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just uploaded to Flightsim.com, and should be available for download from the library within the next 24hrs..............

Foxpine Airpark, New Zealand. NZFP.

FoxPine AirPark is situated near the small provincial town of Foxton on the South West coast of New Zealand’s North Island.
This Private Airfield set in park-like grounds is sited on a broad coastal plain of mixed farming and forestry bounded by sweeping beaches,
a meandering river, and off to the East, rugged bush-clad ranges, all great places to fly.
FoxPine is also the New Zealand home of the "Jabiru" light aircraft, where is assembled, sold and serviced.
This scenery contains a bonus custom AI package, comprising of seven Jabiru-2's, a Cessna 172, and a Maule M6, and a traffic file for the aircraft.
The AI aircraft, and the traffic file are fully compatible with GNZLAP traffic.

A few quick pics snapped off during the building of the scenery.................etc

Thank you for your work Lawrie. I have installed it within ORBX NZNI and it presents itself quite well. The entries within NZNI for NZFP I renamed with the ".bak" technique. There are a couple of elevation issues but they are beyond the airfield perimeter fences. The one at the 27 threshold is very small and deletes little from the final result but the one on the southern side is very noticeable. I am of the opinion that this arises out of a flaw in NZNI's coding that puts a very noticable round "hump" across the middle of the strip sloping gently down to the thresholds etc. It is a long time since I flew into Foxpine in real life but my memory tells me that while there is an elevation to the south it is certainly not of the height shown in the NZNI strip, in fact it is barely noticeable on approach.

Clyde Williams
LEVIN
rayclyde
Forum Addict

Postby Snowman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:12 am

rayclyde wrote:
QUOTE (rayclyde @ Aug 17 2012,8:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you for your work Lawrie. I have installed it within ORBX NZNI and it presents itself quite well. The entries within NZNI for NZFP I renamed with the ".bak" technique. There are a couple of elevation issues but they are beyond the airfield perimeter fences. The one at the 27 threshold is very small and deletes little from the final result but the one on the southern side is very noticeable. I am of the opinion that this arises out of a flaw in NZNI's coding that puts a very noticable round "hump" across the middle of the strip sloping gently down to the thresholds etc. It is a long time since I flew into Foxpine in real life but my memory tells me that while there is an elevation to the south it is certainly not of the height shown in the NZNI strip, in fact it is barely noticeable on approach.

Clyde Williams
LEVIN

Thanks for the information about how it fits into OrbX's NZNI. I dont have either NZNI or NZSI, so i dont build to fit those.
You're the first person to mention how any of my scenery does, or doesnt, into OrbX's offerings for NZ.
All my scenery work is built to fit VLC, as VLC is my personal choice for the best overall depiction of NZ, and i have no plans to purchase NZNI or NZSI.
From my own memory of the last time i visited Foxpine about 5 years ago, i dont recall a large hump at the southern side either, so i think VLC depicts the
area around the airfield fairly well.

Snowman
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby sandman » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:00 am

Hi,
so, I´m the second person who reports about ORBX and "snowman - addons". I tried Wairoa, Stratford and Ryan´s Creek and all sceneries worked good for me, but I can´t compare with reality ;-). Only Foxpine looks like this:
No other AFCAD, VLC Libraries activated. Any recommendations?
I´ll try to use more of your sceneries in the future, like the atmosphere.
Regards sandman
Last edited by sandman on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
sandman

Postby Snowman » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:10 pm

sandman wrote:
QUOTE (sandman @ Aug 20 2012,4:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,
so, I´m the second person who reports about ORBX and "snowman - addons". I tried Wairoa, Stratford and Ryan´s Creek and all sceneries worked good for me, but I can´t compare with reality ;-). Only Foxpine looks like this:
Regards sandman

I assume you are refferring to the very "burnt-brown" look of the grass in your pic ???
If so, PM me with an e-mail address, and i'll send you a file that may fix that for you.

Snowman
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby MurrayH » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:37 pm

I have the same problem - horrible clay-brown coloured grass as in you screenshot.

If there is a file to fix it, may I have it also please?

sandman wrote:
QUOTE (sandman @ Aug 24 2012,5:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,
Regards sandman
MurrayH

Postby Snowman » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:47 pm

MurrayH wrote:
QUOTE (MurrayH @ Aug 21 2012,6:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the same problem - horrible clay-brown coloured grass as in you screenshot.

If there is a file to fix it, may I have it also please?

PM me with an e-mail address, and i'll send it to you.

Snowman
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Return to South Pacific FlightSim Scenery