310 to Nelson

Post and comment on screen captures from the beautiful game here. Home of the monthly screenshot competition

310 to Nelson

Postby Naki » Sun Oct 13, 2024 3:42 pm

...from the new Kiwiflightsim Hokitika. Quite a nice first up payware scenery with a well detailed main terminal. Need some trees clipped as approaches are difficult with some high trees. Have now loaded some tree height adjustment addons, which i think i had before i reloaded MSFS.

The Blackbird (Milviz) 310 was one of my earlier addons. It has a lot of depth (failures, some easter eggs, plane gets dirty etc) great sounds and character. Some of the avionics are a bit lightweight but overall this is a cracker addon.

One of our members was a beta tester I believe.

Naki
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: 310 to Nelson

Postby Splitpin » Sun Oct 13, 2024 6:07 pm

Great post Naki. I think the 310 was , and maybe still is the most elegant Cessna made.
You screen it well. As I've said before, its great having you back :cheers:
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Postby Dash8captain » Sun Oct 13, 2024 6:20 pm

Naki wrote:...from the new Kiwiflightsim Hokitika. Quite a nice first up payware scenery with a well detailed main terminal. Need some trees clipped as approaches are difficult with some high trees. Have now loaded some tree height adjustment addons, which i think i had before i reloaded MSFS.

The Blackbird (Milviz) 310 was one of my earlier addons. It has a lot of depth (failures, some easter eggs, plane gets dirty etc) great sounds and character. Some of the avionics are a bit lightweight but overall this is a cracker addon.

One of our members was a beta tester I believe.

Awesome pics Naki - I was a tester for him

Re the tree height in HK I use this add-on which makes it heaps better

https://simplaza.org/taburet-trees-resize-v1-0-0/
Dash8captain

Postby cowpatz » Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:41 am

From memory the 310 was quite squirrely in pitch. It earnt the unfortunate reputation of "Widow maker". That was probably more to do with the fact that it was an entry level twin aircraft and had a lot of inexperienced operating it.
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Postby Splitpin » Tue Oct 15, 2024 5:38 am

cowpatz wrote:From memory the 310 was quite squirrely in pitch. It earnt the unfortunate reputation of "Widow maker". That was probably more to do with the fact that it was an entry level twin aircraft and had a lot of inexperienced operating it.

CP, did one of these crash in NZ ? ...I remember something from years ago.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Postby cowpatz » Tue Oct 15, 2024 7:15 am

Splitpin wrote:CP, did one of these crash in NZ ? ...I remember something from years ago.

I think there was more than one. I seem to recall that the fuel system was a bit complex.
The crash I’m thinking was one out of Queenstown many years ago. A young and very low twin time pilot tried to out climb terrain and ended up stalling and crashing. I believe that it was heavily loaded.
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Postby Splitpin » Wed Oct 16, 2024 6:23 am

cowpatz wrote:
Splitpin wrote:CP, did one of these crash in NZ ? ...I remember something from years ago.

I think there was more than one. I seem to recall that the fuel system was a bit complex.
The crash I’m thinking was one out of Queenstown many years ago. A young and very low twin time pilot tried to out climb terrain and ended up stalling and crashing. I believe that it was heavily loaded.

That's the one I remember CP ....linked to a TV personality I think.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Postby cowpatz » Wed Oct 16, 2024 7:06 am

TAIC report

A tragic and avoidable loss of young lives.
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Return to Screenshots