MSFS Atmospherics

Post and comment on screen captures from the beautiful game here. Home of the monthly screenshot competition

MSFS Atmospherics

Postby Adamski » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:13 pm

MSFS gets a fair bit totally wrong, but I think its atmosphere/lighting is stunning:

A pretty wet/muggy session around NZQN:

He's even got snow on his jacket!!!

Finally ... freeware Goose at NZMF:

Adam.
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: MSFS Atmospherics

Postby Aharon » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:19 am

Amazing and I am laughing and chuckling that the airport ground crew member has snow on his shoulders and on his hair!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What an amazing realism!!

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon

Postby Splitpin » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:28 am

Outstanding :bow: do you mind if I grab a couple for my wallpaper collection .... amazing stuff.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Postby Adamski » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:00 am

Aharon wrote:Amazing and I am laughing and chuckling that the airport ground crew member has snow on his shoulders and on his hair!!!

Sometimes I think it's like a "good cop, bad cop" scenario - where some features are simply amazing, while others are laughably dreadful. I think I tend to be more charitable towards MSFS because lockdown(s) have allowed me plenty of time to tinker with it. You really shouldn't need to have to invest in quite so much additional time to get a commercial product to work even vaguely as advertised.
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Naki » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:44 am

Adamski wrote:
Aharon wrote:Amazing and I am laughing and chuckling that the airport ground crew member has snow on his shoulders and on his hair!!!

Sometimes I think it's like a "good cop, bad cop" scenario - where some features are simply amazing, while others are laughably dreadful. I think I tend to be more charitable towards MSFS because lockdown(s) have allowed me plenty of time to tinker with it. You really shouldn't need to have to invest in quite so much additional time to get a commercial product to work even vaguely as advertised.

Really? I use to do a hell lot more fiddling with FSX and P3d than MSFS... MSFS has had a ton more updates though
Naki
NZFF Pro

Postby Adamski » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:12 pm

Naki wrote:Really? I use to do a hell lot more fiddling with FSX and P3d than MSFS... MSFS has had a ton more updates though

I suppose you're right. Once having done battle with the ludicrous MS Store installer, I rarely touch any of the system or GFX settings any more ... BUT ... controllers setup is weird/time-consuming (I have X-52 Pro & pedals). Most of my time these days is spent managing the hundreds of [excellent] freeware addons. Maybe back in P3D/XP11 I had more payware aircraft (A2A, PMDG) that I spent more time in - rather than playing with freeware - some of which does appear to need a little TLC.

I rely a lot more on FSUIPC than I used to - and manage all my liveries/addons with Addons Linker.

I think I'm including in my "MSFS tweaks/timewaster stats" all the fruitless efforts to get AI to work properly - or to not have crazy aircraft showing in static parking slots. I've learned to disable ATC and AI - and just live with it.
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Naki » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:17 pm

Yeah the AI is not good so I'm just waiting for a decent update or an addon package instead of fiddling with it. For me AI is the only thing I really miss (and A2A aircraft) from p3d and FSX ..if only we could get something like Charls or Orbx AI into MSFS
Naki
NZFF Pro

Postby hasegawa » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:33 pm

I linke these shoots. Have als the Ju 52 in use. I like these shots. The Ju 52 in the MSFS was a surprise for me and would have expected the Douglas DC-3, but the French company Asobo had a comparison object in France in the museum and the Ju 52 was used a lot in France after the war until the wars in French Indochina and Algeria...
hasegawa

Postby Adamski » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:59 pm

Splitpin wrote:Outstanding :bow: do you mind if I grab a couple for my wallpaper collection .... amazing stuff.

Tell me which ones and I'll send you the original hi-res versions! Most of the above were only cropped, but the old one may have had small brightness/contrast tweaks that you should be able to easily reproduce - nothing major.

Adam.
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Adamski » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:03 pm

hasegawa wrote:I linke these shoots. Have als the Ju 52 in use. I like these shots. The Ju 52 in the MSFS was a surprise for me and would have expected the Douglas DC-3, but the French company Asobo had a comparison object in France in the museum and the Ju 52 was used a lot in France after the war until the wars in French Indochina and Algeria...

I'm still holding out for a decent DC3/C47 for MSFS. I think there's one in the works, somewhere or other, but I'd like A2A to do one!!!
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Radar88 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:04 pm

hasegawa wrote:I linke these shoots. Have als the Ju 52 in use. I like these shots. The Ju 52 in the MSFS was a surprise for me and would have expected the Douglas DC-3, but the French company Asobo had a comparison object in France in the museum and the Ju 52 was used a lot in France after the war until the wars in French Indochina and Algeria...

The Junkers Ju 52 is part of a new series of in-house MSFS developed aircraft called “Local Legends” these in-house developed aircraft, will frequently coincide with World Updates.

The "Local Legends" aircraft will represent, a particular aircraft that is famously known in that region of the world update, but often are not as well known to a much wider global worldwide audience.

For the recent September World Update VI regions of Austria, Germany & Switzerland. Microsoft Flight Simulator Development Team chose the Junkers Ju 52 as it's famously known to be a German built plane from 1930, by Hugo Junkers who was a trailblazing German aeronautical engineer and industrialist during the early days of aviation.

MSFS Local Legends 1: Junkers Ju 52
Radar88
Forum Addict

Postby hasegawa » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:38 am

Nun ich bin aus Deutschland und kenne die Ju 52 "ein wenig" und glaube über den Wellblechvogel mehr vergessen zu haben als Sie wissen... bei allem Respekt.
I am familiar with the Ju 52 and its history. In the battle series I "flew" them in the Stalingrad part. From Tasinkaya and Morosovskaya to Stalingrad Gumrack and Pitomnik I think there are also some pictures here...
And also from Anapa across the Kerch Strait ... to the Crimea.
The french side was that the Ju 52 was used after 1945, for example in Vietnam at the Battle of Dien Bien Phu. They have flown in paratroopers of the French Foreign Legion (many Germans by the way, one of them the brother of my father) It was also used at last in Algeria. French civile aircraft build by Amiot as A.A.C. 1 Toucan have also flown by civile operators including Air France. In France, about 500 machines were built after the war at Amiot and in Germany, including the military variants 4875. Other production runs are in Spain by CASA as CASA 352.
In France at ASOBO nearby there is an original. That's all I wanted to tell. You don't need to lecture me about the Junkers Ju 52...

https://www.littlediscoveries.net/reise ... rte-alais/

hasegawa

Postby Adamski » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:03 pm

hasegawa wrote:You don't need to lecture me about the Junkers Ju 52...

Did you forget to put a "smiley" or two after this comment? ^_^

I do have *admin* privileges on NZFF but I've never really got involved in *moderating* posts. BUT - as the original poster - I found that comment a little unfriendly. Hopefully, it's just a language problem and wasn't intentional! I don't think anyone here doubts your knowledge of the Ju52 (nor the An-2, I seem to remember!). I think Radar88 was just explaining Asobo's policy of releasing region-specific aircraft each time they do a world update - nothing more ;)

Adam.
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Splitpin » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:50 pm

Adamski wrote:
Splitpin wrote:Outstanding :bow: do you mind if I grab a couple for my wallpaper collection .... amazing stuff.

Tell me which ones and I'll send you the original hi-res versions! Most of the above were only cropped, but the old one may have had small brightness/contrast tweaks that you should be able to easily reproduce - nothing major.

Adam.

Cheers bra guy .... stay well.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Postby hasegawa » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:16 pm

Yes... my fault... sorry... :(
hasegawa

Postby Adamski » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:54 pm

hasegawa wrote:Yes... my fault... sorry... :(

All good .. many thanks! B-) B-) B-)