Moving even deeper into the dark side

A forum for everything else that does not fit into the other categories

Moving even deeper into the dark side

Postby Splitpin » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:43 pm

Oh my goodness ...curse the steam library.....

These two are just lovely, look very similar ...

But this rings my bell....

All from the race sim "Ride"
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: Moving even deeper into the dark side

Postby Charl » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:47 am

Emm how do you virtually RIDE it?
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby jpreou » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:51 pm

I've *never* found a good motorcycle sim - I think it is just one of those activities that will never translate properly to a screen
-- Jeff, Rolleston, NZ
P3Dv4.x and a bunch of add-on stuff... some 'global' products, but otherwise NZ-only
jpreou
Forum Addict

Postby Splitpin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:12 pm

Charl .... I don't ride at the moment, I did try (keyboard) and it was a cluster. I just visit the showroom and snap the product.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Splitpin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:13 pm

jpreou wrote:I've *never* found a good motorcycle sim - I think it is just one of those activities that will never translate properly to a screen

Agree, but I had to try.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby deeknow » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:32 pm

Hey Marty, what game are those screenies from? Certainly LOOK the part. Seems like we have a consensus on the all-bike-games-suck-physics-wise, it really must be a pretty challenging thing to model. 2-wheel vehicles just dont behave like a car for obvious reasons.

I ride sports bikes as yaz know, and like to ride them quickly within limits, and altho the games are always a let-down I'm a sucker for buying the next best thing ... JUST IN CASE it turns out NOT to suck.

The Isle of Man game for PS4 wasn't bad, and the game RIDE is actually also fun in an arcade kinda way, just gotta align expectations.
deeknow
NZFF Pro

Postby jpreou » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:25 am

deeknow wrote:... like to ride them quickly within limits

Sure ya do, within limits .... :P Just like I used to when I rode.... :D
-- Jeff, Rolleston, NZ
P3Dv4.x and a bunch of add-on stuff... some 'global' products, but otherwise NZ-only
jpreou
Forum Addict

Postby deeknow » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:24 pm

jpreou wrote:Sure ya do, within limits .... :P Just like I used to when I rode.... :D

Haha..once a biker always a biker Jeff :D
deeknow
NZFF Pro

Postby jpreou » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:46 am

Indeed :) Been toying with getting another, but if I take another hit to the noggin its probably curtains for me.
-- Jeff, Rolleston, NZ
jpreou
Forum Addict

Postby Splitpin » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:00 pm

Sorry for the delay deeknow, thanks for looking. The screens are from the "Ride" sim showroom.
There is a new one due out in mid-August called Rims which looks pretty good....I won't bother because I don't have the right controllers, might have to gey myself an XBOX.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Splitpin » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:05 pm

jpreou wrote:Indeed :) Been toying with getting another, but if I take another hit to the noggin its probably curtains for me.

Jeff, I seriously considered one of those new but old looking Royal Enfields..... but memories of several times hitting the road put me off ...just screenshots these days.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby emfrat » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:39 pm

Splitpin wrote: Jeff, I seriously considered one of those new but old looking Royal Enfields.....

In my teens I wanted the RE Crusader boy racer, but by the time I could afford one, I was in Oz and RE had closed, so I bought my other love, a Ducati Mach1 instead. Lovely machine, excellent road-holding and handling, but a shinbreaker with its 10.5:1 (? 9.5 ?)compression. When the Indian-built REs became available, I was very sorely tempted, especially by the big 736cc Interceptor, which in Qld is considered suitable for learners :excl: , but I had to admit I was old enough to know better.
Ian understood my preference for working a light weight race-bred machine over a long run against several hundredweight of point-and-squirt, but he still reckoned I was some sort of heretic :lol:
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Fozzer » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:44 pm

Splitpin wrote:
jpreou wrote:Indeed :) Been toying with getting another, but if I take another hit to the noggin its probably curtains for me.

Jeff, I seriously considered one of those new but old looking Royal Enfields..... but memories of several times hitting the road put me off ...just screenshots these days.

The new Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is going down a treat all over the world at the mo'
I am sorely tempted, after riding all my various motorcycles since 1949!
My first bike in 1950 was a 1949 Royal Enfield Bullet, followed by a Royal Enfield Model G, and then a host of British and Jap bikes for the past 70+ years, up to my present baby; a 1996 Honda CMX250C Rebel Cruiser, (1985-2016).
I enjoy riding all my Motorcycles every day...my only means of transport since 1990...
..no traffic jam problems for me!
Motorcycles and Gypsy Moths...equals wind in the hair and flies in the teeth!

Paul... >>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5lKG ... 9JA/videos

Have fun on a Motorcycle!..... :D ...!
Fozzer
NZFF Pro

Postby emfrat » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:23 pm

Good to hear from you Paul :thumbup: There's yet another Covid lockdown here making it illegal for my great neighbour and friend of 25 years to visit my house, which would mean the quality checks on the homebrew (Tony-next-door is the brewmaster, and I own half the brewery) would cease. But I found a loophole. We are both pensioners living alone, and we keep a lookout for each other. So a visit on that basis is classed as support, which is fine; and in Oz, beer is legally food, and support people are allowed to bring you a meal, or visit to share one. Once again, age and low cunning have triumphed over youthful despotism. After all, we have both had two jabs. :D
ATB
Mike
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Fozzer » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:23 pm

Fond memories of my Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k, 8-bit Computer....>>>

Full Throttle...>>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5lKG ... 9JA/videos

I've still got bedrooms full of all my old Spectrum, Commodore64, Amstrad 464, and Amiga 500/1200 computers and all their hardware and software!

I play my old computer games with my "Spectaculator 8" Spectrum Emulator on my Desktop PC!....>>>> https://www.spectaculator.com/2012/12/s ... -released/

Paul...8-bit Bedroom Computer Programmer since 1980... Fun Times!..... :D ... :D ...!
Fozzer
NZFF Pro

Postby Fozzer » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:37 pm

emfrat wrote:Good to hear from you Paul :thumbup: There's yet another Covid lockdown here making it illegal for my great neighbour and friend of 25 years to visit my house, which would mean the quality checks on the homebrew (Tony-next-door is the brewmaster, and I own half the brewery) would cease. But I found a loophole. We are both pensioners living alone, and we keep a lookout for each other. So a visit on that basis is classed as support, which is fine; and in Oz, beer is legally food, and support people are allowed to bring you a meal, or visit to share one. Once again, age and low cunning have triumphed over youthful despotism. After all, we have both had two jabs. :D
ATB
Mike

Hello Mike!
We are fine in the Land of the Angles and Saxons regarding the Virus! No lockdowns for us, though our chums in the Land of the Wild, Red-haired, Scots are having all sorts of problems...(Virus and other things!)!
I get out and about on my Motorcycle every day...with an occasional trip around the countryside, (when it's not raining!)...with lots of shopping to do!...LOL....!
We are almost back to normal again, but still advised to take care around other folks...(No problem for me...LOL...).... :wink2: ...!
take care all!
Paul.....Sunday Roast Dins on the go...as it rains outside!.... :P .... :D ...!
Fozzer
NZFF Pro

Postby jpreou » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:07 am

Fozzer wrote:I play my old computer games with my "Spectaculator 8" Spectrum Emulator on my Desktop PC!....>>>>

I have an Amiga/Commodore 64 emulator on my PC -- and I even bought an old serial 'Zipstick' with a serial-USB converter for it. But to be honest, once the initial nostalia wore off it gets barely any use now. But I played all my old favorites; Chuckie Egg, Bounder, Paradroid, Gribbly's Day Out, Monty Mole, Impossible Mission, Raid on Bungling Bay, Stealth Fighter, Ace and others. Was fun for the few/several weeks it lasted.

But I'm back on online ARK Survival these days. I'd did buy P3D 5.2 the other day, and just need to find time and enthusiasm to remove 4.5 and everything and do a full clean install. I was hoping to buy proper PFT Puma heli controls but landing in NZ at around the $2700 mark was a bit steep to get past the wife who has decided we need to ditch our two unreliable 14-yr old cars and get a new one. Which will also mean my plans of renewing my Class2 microlight license are probably also out of the window. Sheesh...

Still, good problems to have and we are very blessed in all other respects...
-- Jeff, Rolleston, NZ
jpreou
Forum Addict

Postby Splitpin » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:46 pm

"Still, good problems to have and we are very blessed in all other respects..." Well said ...my partner and I feel the same ...we count our blessings daily.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Return to Off Topic