Moggy update

A forum for everything else that does not fit into the other categories

Moggy update

Postby Splitpin » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:21 pm

You may recall I mentioned that my last remaining moggy wasn't doing too well. I delayed taking him to the vet due to the huge after-hours fees ($145 just to turn up)
Anyway, this afternoon he was really not well, so we took him to the vet once we found him. Turns out he had a loose lower incisor that had been rubbing on his lip and had become infected, combined with some bad teeth further back.
So he wasn't feeling too flash at all and would have been in considerable pain ...poor fella, I feel really feel bad about delaying the call.

His heart, lungs, and blood work is all good, the tooth has been removed and others cleaned up. He's been topped up anti b's, pain relief, and some IV fluids. They just called me to say he will be ready for uplift at 2100 ....and please bring another $400 ...which to be honest I'm happy to pay in the end, and I feel blessed that I'm actually able to do it.

Moggys aye .....
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: Moggy update

Postby dbcunnz » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:23 pm

Talking about Moggies my 16year old fella is starting to get very expensive too took him to the vets about a month ago he had been losing weight and had got a very bad smelling breath so they gave him a blood test cost $200 and found he had a thyroid problem and now he is on a $2 tablet every day and he has to go back on the 18th of this month for a check-up and a tooth clean estimated at between $400 and $500.
I suppose I can't complain as this is his first vet visits since he was about 6 months old when he went to get desexed.
The thyroid tablets have stopped his weight loss and also helped with his bad breath which should go completely after a tooth clean.
OnlineUser avatar
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Postby Splitpin » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:14 pm

Doug, I remember your moggy from that time I stayed with you, I hope he's doing well.
My guy is doing really well. Picked him up last night, he was still under the influence.
Put the cage down the living room and opened the door....he finally popped out, not entirely in control of his legs. Headed straight for his bowl, ate up large ...lots of water, and proceeded to smooch all of us and anything else he could reach.

I still regret waiting so long to get him help, but I did, and he's really happy. I believe if you take a pet on board, you have a duty of care...and a good relationship with your bank manager will help.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby dbcunnz » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:44 pm

[quote="Splitpin" I believe if you take a pet on board, you have a duty of care...and a good relationship with your bank manager will help.[/quote]
Or a vet who is a extra good friend or family member :lol: :lol:

Yes he is doing fine accept when it comes time for his daily $2 pill but I do have a good pair of leather garden gloves and I have to make sure I get it right to the back of his tongue otherwise he will wait until I get the gloves off then spit it out so the whole proses has to be done again.

I have got a hospital appointment on Thursday to have a couple of small skin cancers removed nothing major although one may need a skin graft but other than that I am all good
OnlineUser avatar
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Postby ZK-LGD » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:02 pm

Nico says ... Yeah, gi'day!

Regards,
Dorian
ZK-LGD
Sim-holic

Postby Splitpin » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:44 pm

Well hello young Nico ..and friends
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Splitpin » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:50 pm

"I have got a hospital appointment on Thursday to have a couple of small skin cancers removed nothing major although one may need a skin graft but other than that I am all good"

Take care Doug...I hope you're not downplaying the "nothing major" thing.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Fozzer » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:57 pm

ZK-LGD wrote:Nico says ... Yeah, gi'day!

Love the shot of the Cow!

They always have that inquisitive look... :rolleyes: ...

...they like to know what is going on!... :lol: ...!

Paul... :UK: ... :D ...!
Fozzer
NZFF Pro

Postby dbcunnz » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:44 pm

[quote="dbcunnz"]Talking about Moggies my 16year old fella is starting to get very expensive too took him to the vets about a month ago he had been losing weight and had got a very bad smelling breath so they gave him a blood test cost $200 and found he had a thyroid problem and now he is on a $2 tablet every day and he has to go back on the 18th of this month for a check-up and a tooth clean estimated at between $400 and $500.
I suppose I can't complain as this is his first vet visits since he was about 6 months old when he went to get desexed.
The thyroid tablets have stopped his weight loss and also helped with his bad breath which should go completely after a tooth clean.

I have got a hospital appointment on Thursday to have a couple of small skin cancers removed nothing major although one may need a skin graft but other than that I am all good.
[quote]

Here is an update
The two small skin cancers both had a scrape taken off them and it turns out that I will have to go back into hospital for a day op to remove both and one will require a skin graft so that has been scheduled for the 22nd April.
Now the moggy update he went into the vets this morning to have a tooth clean and check and finished up having a clean plus two teeth removed.
The cost $741.51 plus another two months thyroid pills $110 total $851.51 bloody expensive but I suppose as a 16yrold and only been to the vet three times in his life I can't really complain.
OnlineUser avatar
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Postby Fozzer » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:36 am

It's a shame that household pets are not covered by our wonderful National Health Service...
...where everything is free!
My youngest lad, in his England Canal Boat, now has a young Minature Pinscher female Dog to keep him company, so that will cost him lots of money if things go wrong, health-wise,...(the Dog!).
I have had one to two Cats in the far distant past, but I wouldn't have the patience with animals now!
I just talk to myself now...and take myself for rides on my Motorcycle... :wink2: ... :wink2: ...!

Paul...... :UK: ... :D ...!

P.S...I think that I; "radiate" something when animals are around!.... :ph43r: .... Cats are terrified of me, and Dogs just growl and want to eat me when they see me!... :lol: ...!
Fozzer
NZFF Pro

Postby Splitpin » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:29 pm

I hope all goes well for you Doug.
I'm glad the Mog is good as well..... as you said, only 3 times in 16 years. We do what we do big D :thumbup:
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby dbcunnz » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:14 pm

It is with great sadness that I had to have my best mate put down today :( after 16 yrs and the last 5 since the wife passed away he has been like my little puppy dog following me everywhere sitting down with me at meal times and eating all the titbits handed to him sitting on my lap while I watched TV and following me to bed when I went to bed he will be very sadly missed RIP Salem

OnlineUser avatar
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Postby Splitpin » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:29 pm

Bugger...RIP Salem. Doug I feel for you...I still commemorate my old guys passing on the day.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby ZK-LGD » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:28 am

Sincerest condolences from meself & Nico.
Regards,
Dorian
ZK-LGD
Sim-holic

Postby Splitpin » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:00 pm

Lifting a can to Salem .... condolences again Big D.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby ZK-LGD » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:58 am

Sadly, my bestest mate, Nico, disappeared out the cat door two weeks ago today, and hasn't been seen since. Yes, he may turn up again, but it's becoming more and more unlikely. SWMBO and I are pretty gutted, to say the least. :(
Regards,
Dorian
ZK-LGD
Sim-holic

Postby Splitpin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:59 pm

Easy to say, but I'm sure he will come home ...don't the little buggers cause us grief. I wonder if something scared him? But being a "country mog" that would be hard.
He may have also caught the scent of a roaming female mog and went to check her out.
Keep us posted, I know how you feel, I lost one of mine after the quakes for about 2 weeks.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby ZK-LGD » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:45 am

Thanks Marty.
Regards,
Dorian
ZK-LGD
Sim-holic

Postby chopper_nut » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:06 pm

On a slightly lighter note, my missus sent me this photo of our children playing with each other today. They get pretty sporty with each other.

chopper_nut
NZFF Pro

Postby deeknow » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:35 pm

sorry to hear about everyone's moggy issues, they are such cool critters, hard to let go of them for sure.

PS CN that is a classic shot !!! :lol:
deeknow
NZFF Pro

Next

Return to Off Topic