Superman

A forum for everything else that does not fit into the other categories

Superman

Postby Splitpin » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:18 pm

I'm sorry ...I really am, and delete this if you feel the need.
I just heard an article, if that's what you call it on our lead news channel ..." Superman is Bisexual" ......
What else can this current generation destroy? Let's really look at the wind in the willows, I'm sure there's something there you can distort or pervert ....as far as I'm concerned, only a sick mind could dream this crap up.
The sad thing is ...they keep dreaming it ....may I suggest a good read ... George Orwell 1984.
His comment on political language(nothing to do with this subject...But I thought I would throw it in while I can) is interesting "is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind".... and the wind has been blowing hard around here lately...... Superman .... WTH.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: Superman

Postby toprob » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:44 pm

I did see that news item, and I must admit my reaction was very different. I think of how things have changed over the last 40 years, if people had had different role models back then, then a few of my friends would still be alive today. I've learnt a lot from my ( 30-year-old gay) daughter, my very favourite person in all the world (don't tell my sons), she has taught me about gender perception, equality, fluidity and how much society's rules can mess things up. She is happy, in a great relationship, and very different from the poor young folk I knew when I was young, many of which didn't live long enough to see any effective change in attitudes.
I don't think a bi superman exists for us baby boomers, but it could make a huge difference to a 15-year-old at this very moment trying to understand their own gender/sexuality.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Charl » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:38 pm

O Tempora O Mores!
Batman lived with a teenage boy.
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby cowpatz » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:36 am

I agree with both Marty and Rob here. I have no issue with what people may wish to be or identify with. They could be a toaster for all I care. Whilst I might not understand or even agree with some of things such as gender neutral, or gender fluid, I don't discriminate against them nor do I have any desire to. We can be what we want to be. What I do have an issue with is attempting to deny, or rewrite history, or enforcing acceptance.
Superman was not bisexual. James Bond was a womanising, alcoholic, white man. He is not black or female. Create a new character if you must....Brilliant- Bi man whatever.
Lego is Lego. It has no gender. I can see the "way forward" will create as many issues as it tries to resolve.
Just leave what was as it is. History is there as a record. With out understanding and acknowledging it we risk making the same mistakes..... and we are.
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Postby dbcunnz » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:04 pm

:hesaid: I totally agree with you Steve
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Postby Charl » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:31 am

I also think Swastikas have their rightful place in history.

But many adversarial positions are grounded in dangerously wrong assumptions, witness Anti-Vaxxers et al.
Do take the time to read what this is actually about.
Nobody is messing with the Boomer Superguy.
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby Splitpin » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:54 pm

"Nobody is messing with the Boomer Superguy." good catch Charl...I stand before you all, cap in hand, for displaying my obvious lack of filters, and deeper research...But...I didn't know the Man of steel had a son, and by the look of it, he won't be getting any Grandkids.
However, in my defence, the initial report didn't mention the son of SM...did it ? :lol:

I'm over the whole bloody thing, to be honest...do what you want, say what you want...think, write, read what you want,...I'm over it.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby toprob » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:58 pm

Splitpin wrote:However, in my defence, the initial report didn't mention the son of SM...did it ? :lol:

I think you're right, I may have missed that bit on the TVNZ news, but maybe it wasn't reported.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby chopper_nut » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:19 pm

Splitpin wrote:and by the look of it, he won't be getting any Grandkids.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That made my night
chopper_nut
NZFF Pro

Postby Charl » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:48 am

Even on this score, gents, you have to keep up with the times!
True story (you couldn't make this up):

Friends of ours have a Lesbian daughter, lives with her partner.
They decided to have a baby.
Daughter has a good (male) doctor friend and colleague who she talked into donating some sperm and voila! a little in vitro fertilised girl ensued.

Then... biology intruded, and the guy was overcome with Fatherliness.
Upshot was, he moved in to the spare bedroom, and the baby had 3 parents, documented.
Wow, we thought.
But wait! After some time the girls had a falling out, the girlfriend packed and left in a huff.

So the baby is being raised by two people who are just good pals, but actually her biological parents.
And there's an "Aunt" who still takes an interest and has a legally confirmed interest in the child's guardianship.

The Sociologists have many theses to come on this and other 21st - century outcomes.
And Marty, I'd say you are pretty near the mark when you say "think, write, read what you want"
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby emfrat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:39 am

"think, write, read what you want"
To which I would add: "By all means, but get on with your own life, and stop trying to make your views compulsory in mine" :angry:
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

OnlineUser avatar
emfrat
NZFF Pro

Return to Off Topic