Request For History of Cargo Operations For This Particular Plane Please

A place for 'real world' pilots and aviation enthusiasts to discuss their hobby

Request For History of Cargo Operations For This Particular Plane Please

Postby Aharon » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:22 am

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Just discovered that one out of Air New Zealand 737-200s had huge side cargo door on left side of the plane. The registration number was ZK-NQC

My question is that was it combi OR was it QC version (quick change from passenger seats to all cargo back to passenger seats)?

Whatever the answer to question above might be, what cargo routes did Air New Zealand 737-200 with huge side cargo door haul cargo loads?

Thanks for any information any of you might have.

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon

Topic author

Re: Request For History of Cargo Operations For This Particular Plane Please

Postby FlyingKiwi » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:27 am

Someone else might be able to confirm but I'm pretty sure it was a QC and that's why the registration was NQC. After Air New Zealand retired it, it was operated by Air National for quite a few years in an all white and later all yellow paint scheme. Was retired in 2013 which would have made it the last 737-200 on the NZ register.
FlyingKiwi

Postby Naki » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:46 am

Definitely a QC. I've flown on it from Palmerston North to Auckland in the early 90s
Naki
NZFF Pro

Postby SA227 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:53 am

Yep definitely a QC only and not a combi.
During it's time with Air NZ it flew an AKL-CHC-AKL cargo operation each week night after passenger operations.

It was purchased from Air NZ by Airwork and operated in mainly a freight role for NZ Post but also did quite a bit of passenger charter work as well. It flew a double rotation Monday to Friday between AKL and CHC each night.

When the 737-200's were fitted with hushkits, and the fitting of business class, it was the only one that didn't require ballast in the forward hold due to the heavy cargo door.

Currently still operating in Canada.
SA227
Forum Addict

Postby deeknow » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:17 pm

You may remember this response to you about NQC awhile back Aharon, Terry's pics are great, and sorry no I haven't gotten around to improving the Tinmouse repaint sorry :(

viewtopic.php?p=8415169
Deans repaints: http://www.deeknow.com/
X570 Mini-ITX m/b - Ryzen5 3600 (6c/12t) - RTX 2060-super - 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 - Win10 - P3Dv5
deeknow
NZFF Pro

Postby Aharon » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:05 am

Thanks to FlyingKiwi, Naki, SA227, and Deeknow for kind answers.

Let me make sure. That particular Air New Zealand 737-200QC Quick Change plane with ZK-NQC registration number flew cargo ONLY ONLY in single cargo route from NZAA to NZCH to NZAA?? Not other 737-200QC cargo routes by Air New Zealand??

deeknow wrote:You may remember this response to you about NQC awhile back Aharon
viewtopic.php?p=8415169

Good memory, Deeknow!!! Cannot believe I forgot about that post that I made inquires!!!

deeknow wrote:sorry no I haven't gotten around to improving the Tinmouse repaint sorry :(

Do not worry Somebody took care of that. One of world's famous livery repainters by the name of Tony Madge painted Air New Zealand livery with huge side cargo door using ZK-NQC registration number and he ALSO ALSO painted the all yellow livery too.

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon

Topic author

Postby deeknow » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:51 am

Aharon wrote:Good memory, Deeknow!!! Cannot believe I forgot about that post that I made inquires!!!

hah, no worries :thumbup:

Aharon wrote:Tony Madge painted Air New Zealand livery with huge side cargo door using ZK-NQC registration number and he ALSO ALSO painted the all yellow livery too

have you got a link for those? which B732 model are they for?

update: found it: https://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thre ... -30th-2023
no doubt an announcement inbound shortly from Mark, exciting stuff re the new 732 models and liveries :clap:

if you have the CS B732 there are two other repaints for ZK-NQC on avsim for the AirNZ "All Blacks" livery (cs732cnzzknqcab.zip) and the yellow NZ post livery (texture.airwork_new_zealand_zk-nqc.zip)
Deans repaints: http://www.deeknow.com/
X570 Mini-ITX m/b - Ryzen5 3600 (6c/12t) - RTX 2060-super - 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 - Win10 - P3Dv5
deeknow
NZFF Pro

Postby Aharon » Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:46 pm

deeknow wrote: which B732 model are they for?

I believe it is 732 model base by Kittyhawk founded by Erick Cantu the same person who founded Vistaliners creating 727s, L1011s, and 737-300s/400s/500s.

deeknow wrote: exciting stuff re the new 732 models and liveries :clap:

Not new models as it is 732 model base by Kittyhawk founded by Erick Cantu BUT there are lots of new airline liveries that were never painted before. Tony Madge painted LOTS LOTS LOTS of all new Air Zealand and NAC liveries that were never painted before!!

deeknow wrote: no doubt an announcement inbound shortly from Mark, exciting stuff re the new 732 models and liveries :clap:

Deeknow, I was going to make post 2 days ago letting all of you about new repaints for NAC and Air New Zealand for 732 but I figure you would find out about this news so I decided to let you have the honor of making announcement since you own NZFF forums.

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon

Topic author

Return to New Zealand Aviation