Official Gates For Mount Cook Airways Please

A place for 'real world' pilots and aviation enthusiasts to discuss their hobby

Official Gates For Mount Cook Airways Please

Postby Aharon » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:52 am

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I searched all over on the internet including airliners.net for photos but it is not much help for me.

Can anyone please be kind enough to tell me what were the official gates at NZCH Christchurch and NZWN Wellington airports for Mount Cook Airways DC-3s/C-47s and HS748s, please so that I can utilize famous Toprob's airport sceneries properly ?

Thank you for any assistance any of you might provide for me.

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon

Topic author

Re: Official Gates For Mount Cook Airways Please

Postby SA227 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:14 pm

I'm not old enough to comment on the DC3's although my mother was a flight attendant with NAC on DC3's, F27's and Viscounts :D but the HS748 was my era working in Wellington.

As you say not a lot of photographic material around but here is one which which would represent up to the late 80's. After that the airport layout changed significantly.

https://flickr.com/photos/flissphil/150979216

The F27 in the teal colour scheme is parked on gate 10. There were gates 8 and 9 south of that towards the photographer. The F27 in front of that on the other side of the finger is on gate 16.

The 748's generally parked on gates 9,10, 13,14 (off the end of the finger) and if we needed to we could park them on gate 18 which was further round close to the international terminal. The same applied for the Mount Cook F27's.

Hope that helps.
SA227
Forum Addict

Re: Official Gates For Mount Cook Airways Please

Postby Aharon » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:04 am

SA227,

Thanks for your answers on gate information for Mount Cook Airways for NZWN Wellington airport.

Anyone can provide gate info for the same airline's HS748s and DC-3s for NZCH Christchurch airport please??

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon

Topic author

Return to New Zealand Aviation