Rudder Pedals

The place to ask for help or solve each others technical issues and discuss hardware

Rudder Pedals

Postby Naki » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:57 pm

My logitech pedals are kaput and loling for some new ones. Thinking about getting some cheaper thurstmasters and logitech ones like the ones I had. Any recommendations out there? Have i missed any possible candidates? Was looking at spending about $300
Naki
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: Rudder Pedals

Postby jpreou » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:08 am

I'm still using Logitech \ Saitak, but I believe this might be my third set now (in about 14 years). They're ok, of course, but nothing stellar in either feel, realism, or robustness. But, as you indicate, they are cheap and do the job, so when they go I just replace them. In a few years I'm hoping to switch to a heli setup with proper heli controls, but until then the current pedals will remain. I guess it depends how much you use the sim (not a whole lot for me these days), what aircraft types you fly (and hence actual usage of the pedals) and how realistic you want the feel to be. There are several more expensive options out there, but I think not much at the cheaper end. Good luck in your search.
--
Jeff, ChCh, NZ
jpreou
Sim-holic

Postby cowpatz » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:29 am

How about the Honeycomb Charlie rudder pedals?

Honeycomb Charie pedals
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Postby Naki » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:25 pm

Thanks guys...the Honeycomb ones look very good but a bit beyond my budget...and maybe not available here? Might just go with new logitech ones. My other pedals have been second hand so it would be nice to just get some new ones.
Naki
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Return to Technical Issues