Reinstalling FS2020

The place to ask for help or solve each others technical issues and discuss hardware

Reinstalling FS2020

Postby dbcunnz » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:24 pm

I have had my SSD with my FS2020 completely deleted and I cant uninstall it as there is nothing there to uninstall.
Now because I cant uninstal I can not reinstall it. I have been working with one of the Xbox advisers for the last 4 or 5 days but after several suggestions and trials even done a latest reinstall of win 10 and FS2020 still will not install.

when I go to the Xbox and select Microsoft Flight Simulator: Standard Game of the Year Edition
Xbox Game Studios • Simulation.
The message I am getting is

isxbox://game/?productld=9MTJ74MKQM46This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page.

If I go to Microsoft support help all I get is go here or go there and the messages are just like hopping on a merry go round it goes from one help message to another and from that one to another and finally it takes you back to the bloody message that you stated with and that message starts you on the second round of the merry go round absolutely bloody hopeless.
Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did they finally get the reinstall done.
OnlineUser avatar
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: Reinstalling FS2020

Postby chopper_nut » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:14 pm

Have you tried running a registry scan / cleanup?
chopper_nut
NZFF Pro

Postby dbcunnz » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:54 pm

Yes Nick I have run CCleaner registry cleaner taken all the crap out of the registry
But it has made no difference to the install still get the same message,
isxbox://game/?productld=9MTJ74MKQM46This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page.
OnlineUser avatar
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby chopper_nut » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:04 pm

Hmm... that's a bit ordinary... I'll have a think
chopper_nut
NZFF Pro

Postby dbcunnz » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:06 pm

chopper_nut wrote:Hmm... that's a bit ordinary... I'll have a think

Trying to get help from Microsoft is like trying to pull teeth out of chickens :lol: :lol:
OnlineUser avatar
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby chopper_nut » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:11 pm

If you go into CCleaner and look at the installed programs, does it appear there?
chopper_nut
NZFF Pro

Postby dbcunnz » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:41 pm

chopper_nut wrote:If you go into CCleaner and look at the installed programs, does it appear there?

No it doesn't and doesn't appear in the control panel Programs and Features or Revo uninstaller
There is no reference to FS2020 or Xbox in any of the uninstaller programs
OnlineUser avatar
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby emfrat » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:13 pm

Doug, I can only offer sympathy, because both my Win 10 machines (including the flying machine) have been crippled by Microsoft updates. MS say it's a bug, I suspect it is a logic bomb built in to the Nov 2021 update. Superbeast, the flying machine, is only physically connected to the 'Net when I chose to let it. BigBeast II, which replaced the original main machine for my home network, is connected to the 'Net and is able to download updates. Both these machines failed on the same day with the same problem. Now both machines start and go into a reboot loop, without ever completing the POST. MS says if you start the machine and shut it down immediately when the initialisation message appears, and do this three times, it will then start into W10 recovery mode - but this bug means you don't get a video signal to the monitor. I have a Win 10 boot USB stick, and a Linux boot DVD but neither machine will respond to these.
ATB
Mike
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

OnlineUser avatar
emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby dbcunnz » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:54 pm

I use Acronis and back up my drives every month so if anything goes wrong I can do a recover of that drive but the drive I had my FS2020 on which some how got the whole drive was deleted the backup was corrupt also so couldn't do a recover rescue.
This left me with nothing to uninstall I have been through my registry and couldn't find anything in there relating to FS2020 or Xbox its almost like some gremlin took out everything to do with my FS2020.
OnlineUser avatar
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby chopper_nut » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:58 pm

ughhh, might be a drive format?
chopper_nut
NZFF Pro

Postby emfrat » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:47 pm

I got BigBeast II going again this morning, and it has updated to the latest Win10. Apparently the machine does not have what it needs to upgrade to Win 11 (huzzah!!). MS do have a webpage about fixing this reboot loop thing, and I had tried that without success. Last night I tried one last time - power off, unplug, hold the power button down to drain any residual current, then remove the CMOS battery. They say for 30 mins, I left it out all night, and also used a multimeter to check that the battery voltage was well up to the 3.0v mark. It was, so this morn I put the thing back together and it staggered back into life - it wanted the date/time to be set correctly, which I did, and checked a few other things while I was in the setup screen, and then asked it for updates. It brought up three and downloaded them. I told it to install, but I had to insist because their smartypants OS had decided my normal working hours were 0500-2000 and it didn't want to cause inconvenience by restarting ( to finalise the updates) during those hours.
I am normally up around 0430 - 0500 and bedtime is around 2130 so I shut down the 'pootas before then.
Big test is to see how it behaves when I start it up tomorrow.
Hope this helps somebody.
MikeW
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

OnlineUser avatar
emfrat
NZFF Pro

Return to Technical Issues