MSFS Not Loading fully

The place to ask for help or solve each others technical issues and discuss hardware

MSFS Not Loading fully

Postby dbcunnz » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:38 pm

Has anyone else had this problem MSFS starts to load up and gets almost to the end of the loading and just stops.
The only thing I have done before this happened was reset the CMOS
Anyone got a fix for this?

OnlineUser avatar
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: MSFS Not Loading fully

Postby NZ255 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:35 pm

If you have addons I'd start by disabling all your addons in your Community folder.
I've created a folder call '~off' in the Community folder and moved everything in there. If you find it works after that you can move half of the addons back in and restart the sim. If it loads, move those back out and put the other half back in. Repeat until you find the culprit. You might find there's an update available for it.
Nick
NZ255
NZFF Pro

Postby deaneb » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:58 pm

I only had that happen once, and the culprit was one of the NZ tree mods. So as per previous comment, look at removing community folder add-ons first
deaneb

Postby NeilF » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:10 am

Yes, had the same problem about 10 days ago. MSFS would load to about the 70% point and go not further. I found that if you turned "Data" off, it would load OK however that is not a satisfactory answer to the problem. Then yesterday, when starting MSFS and before the "Checking for Updates" window, a window popped up I had never seen before telling me I was not connected to the internet with the option to "Continue" or "Try again". I decided to continue and when at the opening screen selected "Data" on in the "Options" and lo and behold, from then on, all was back to normal....no idea why. I suggest that when the upgrade that is due later this week (I think) comes out, it may possibly solve your problem.
NeilF

Postby NeilF » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:18 am

In addition to my comments above, looking at the forums this is a problem many seem to be experiencing and lots of solutions have been suggested. I tried most of them but none worked for me. B-)
NeilF

Postby dbcunnz » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:39 pm

Thanks guys all working OK again it is something in the community folder haven't found it yet but got about 2/3 loaded again so will work through the rest to see what the culprit is when I get time.
OnlineUser avatar
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby cowpatz » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:54 am

It would be really helpful if these sim developers included a simple bug mode that told yo, in plain speak, what the problem is.
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Postby dbcunnz » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:31 pm

What the hell now Geez!!! Microsoft can really P*ss you off.
Now when I try to load MSFS up I keep getting the following
But all I got was an update for the Xbox app and that didn't fix the problem as I still get the Games Update Available and that is as far as it will load.
Anyone else getting this "Sh*t" and anyone got a fix for it?
OnlineUser avatar
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby toprob » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:12 pm

I think this is due to a required update of the Xbox app, so first you need to run the Xbox app at least once. Then you should be able to open the MS store and get the update.
EDIT: I will just add that I chose the update within the Xbox app, but I'm not sure that is necessary -- you do still need to download in the Store.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Radar88 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:01 pm

:hesaid:

This is mention in the below video. The commentary in the video thoroughly, explains the details of the processes involved when doing MSFS World and Sim Updates and the Mandatory Updates from the MS Store.

Highly recommend watching all of the video and following the process as mention in the video.

Watch on youtube.com
Radar88
Forum Addict

Postby dbcunnz » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:35 pm

Thanks Robin but what a bloody rigmarole to go through to get it Microsoft certainly don't make things easy.
It is downloading the update now the whole 2.67 GB of it lets hope it installs and runs OK again.
OnlineUser avatar
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby deaneb » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:04 pm

My update kept looping back after reaching 99%, so had to shut down and restart my PC. After doing that the install started again as a 15 GB download.
deaneb

Postby dbcunnz » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:32 pm

Yes Deane that is what I am getting about 99% so will shut down and try again.
As I have said why do Microsoft make things so bloody difficult.
OnlineUser avatar
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby iwik » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:25 pm

Agreed, what a arse of a setup I had to install xbox app before i could update. No where did it tell me i had to have xbox app installed. Going off MS quickly.
iwik

Return to Technical Issues