Track IR 5

The place to ask for help or solve each others technical issues and discuss hardware

Track IR 5

Postby kiwicomm » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:03 pm

Hi I'm thinking of getting this for MSFS 2020. Basic hat version, nothing more than that. Any feedback from members before I order one? Sounds like it would be good for OOS/RSI. I take it you have to order direct from Natural Point? Thx.
kiwicomm

Topic author

Re: Track IR 5

Postby jpreou » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:53 pm

Not as far as MSFS, but I used in FSX then P3D and wouldn't fly without it. Keen to see reports from those that have MSFS and TrackIR.
When I go to MSFS I'm hoping to go VR, but my PC might not be good enough, and also seen more than a few reports of issues with the HP Reverb G2, so could be a long while! :)
-- Jeff, Rolleston, NZ
P3Dv4.x and a bunch of add-on stuff... some 'global' products, but otherwise NZ-only
jpreou
Forum Addict

Postby deaneb » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:10 pm

I was toying with buying a bigger monitor and using track IR or going VR. I tried my sons Track IR first and it worked ok. We had both also been using his older Occulus rift. I like VR but it lacked the resolution along with an older PC, which meant frames were not good and I also got nausea easily. I have recently got a new PC with a 3070 Card, so ended up buying the Reverb G2. The resolution is brilliant and frames smooth and any nausea is now gone. Yes I had some teething problems initially but this was related to my AMD system. It was solved by updating my bios.
Last edited by deaneb on Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deaneb

Postby jpreou » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:30 am

I've read a lot of reports about the G2 being superb but a few days or weeks later just failing to get recognised and thus no longer usable and HP completely ignoring the issue. I haven't determined whether this is a 'few' users making a lot of noise, or a more widespread issue. But, like you, I had tried VR before and the resolution just wasn't there for VR flying, and I also got nausea too. But it is my plan to go VR next and I rather suspect I'll need a new PC, at the very least a new graphics card (currently 1 1080 I think - can't remember; PC is all boxed up while I move house).
Glad you are having a good experience with the G2, long may it continue, and thanks for the positive feedback :)
-- Jeff, Rolleston, NZ
P3Dv4.x and a bunch of add-on stuff... some 'global' products, but otherwise NZ-only
jpreou
Forum Addict

Return to Technical Issues