Best aircraft for low-level rapid-sight-seeing in MSFS?

Discuss aircraft addons and repaints for Flight Simulator here

Re: Best aircraft for low-level rapid-sight-seeing in MSFS?

Postby hasegawa » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:07 am

There are three planes that fit into this solution to the problem. These are the Cessna 510 "Mustang", the Honda HJet 420 and the Cirrus VisionJet. Have all three here and love to fly the Visionjet. In my view you get the most bang for your buck with him. This is followed by Mahrwan's Hondajet and finally the Cessna Mustang. The Hondajet is also a good choice. The developer has also created a beautiful own Garmin G 3000, and it is like which, like the original, faster than the Vision Jet. The idiosyncratic aerodynamics is an eye-catcher and it also flies rock-solid. But it costs a little more. The Mustang has older electronics with the G 1000 and I think the thing comes largely "out of the bag" from Asobo/Microsoft.
hasegawa

Postby hasegawa » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:37 am

The Cessna T-37B as freeware is also a remarkable aircraft in its own right. Downloaded today and read a lot of good things. But the civil jets can be used anywhere, while with military jets you have fewer options if you want to "do it right". An example. Now with an Easter discount there was and is the MiG 21bis (So writes not "Mig", because it comes from the two first designers of the design bureau Mikoyan and Guryevich)
The publishers of the add-on have thought along. They have also included the livery of the Romanian Air Force, after 1990 in the NATO. So with reason you can fly it anywhere in NATO countries. For example, they were traveling up in the Baltic States.
With civilians you don't have to think about it, even if a Syrian business jet shows up over say Afghanistan it's not unthinkable. :D
hasegawa

Postby FlyingKiwi » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:35 pm

I've recently purchased the Cockspur Mustang which is a bit of a strange one for me because it's not normally something I'd fly but I wanted something I could do 'low effort' IFR flights with - i.e. not ones that require enormous amounts of planning and in-flight management. I make a point of only flying with real world weather and it's annoying when the cloud's at 300ft and I want to go flying! It's a bit basic - a lot of the ancillary cockpit controls are for decoration only and I couldn't get it to start following the real life checklist procedure (the method which actually does start it in the sim I suspect would cook the engines in real life) which makes me think it may not be modelled especially accurately. But it looks really nice, flies well, and it is about as easy as you can get as far as IFR jet operations go - you can see why they're a popular choice for single pilot ops in real life. You could definitely use it as a VFR sightseeing hack too - I've flown it in and out of 800m runways with no worries although you need to nail the approach speed because it likes to float otherwise.
FlyingKiwi

Postby Charl » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:00 am

How about 220 knots and a giant bubble canopy?
I might get this one, just for the modelling which looks superb.
It has a range of 800km.
If you start at the centre of NZ which is Blenheim (!) this will get you to any destination!

OnlineUser avatar
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby deeknow » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:37 am

Charl wrote:How about 220 knots and a giant bubble canopy

Perfect !!!! that looks awesome. PS I did just buy the CowanSim 500E so if I get a handle on that (thank goodness for the recent update) then I might treat myself to this Charl
Deans repaints: http://www.deeknow.com/
X570 Mini-ITX m/b - Ryzen5 3600 (6c/12t) - RTX 2060-super - 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 - Win10 - P3Dv5
deeknow
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Charl » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:41 pm

Be very interested in your take on the 500E...
OnlineUser avatar
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby Charl » Sun May 07, 2023 9:32 am

OnlineUser avatar
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby deeknow » Sun May 07, 2023 10:09 am

:lol: :clap: :rockon: LOVE IT Charl !!!!

But in all seriousness, as I haven't made my mind up yet re a long-termer I went and bought the Geebee as a short term and reasonably priced filler, for short blats around when no navigation or autopilot required. It's fair to say it's fun to fly ... just SUPER hard to take-off or land with. The visibility isn't as bad as you'd think, and it's certainly not short on performance. I think the handling tho has been dialled back a bit too much as is way more stable than the copy I have in P3D and the sounds are pretty lame, need a way to swap out that radial soundpack somehow.

Did a few diabolical circuits at Hamilton and did actually manage a half decent landing at Raglan just before the wire fence at the end of the runway :D

Deans repaints: http://www.deeknow.com/
X570 Mini-ITX m/b - Ryzen5 3600 (6c/12t) - RTX 2060-super - 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 - Win10 - P3Dv5
deeknow
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Charl » Sun May 07, 2023 11:03 am

Meh :) I reckon this is a candidate for a reverse Splitpin Stumpy
OnlineUser avatar
Charl
NZFF Pro

Previous

Return to Aircraft