FSX Scenery list

An area to discuss scenery addons for virtual NZ

Postby Timmo » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:01 am

The NZFF FSX Scenery Map has been updated and now defaults to a 3-Dimensional view (you will need to install the Google Earth browser plugin if you don't already have it). It also includes CTA and CTZ boundaries in 3D- You can click on any item to receive further information about it and obtain a download link (some items just link to the website rather than the actual download to make it easier to keep it up to date)

Click here: http://nzff.org/maps/

Please note:

*Broadband internet recommended, IE 7 + or browsers capable of viewing png image files recommended.
* At the time of writing the list is not complete. I would like to separate out the lists by designer going forward so, if you want to see all airports by FS-Creations, there will be a tick box for that.
* The list only contains scenery created by NZ designers.
* It is still a work in progress.
It would help me out a lot if you are a NZ designer or notice an omission, to create a place mark and send it through as a KML to: vectorlandclass(at)gmail.com
Last edited by Timmo on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated
Timmo
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Timmo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:16 am

Just adding this reply as I've edited the main post (which won't show as 'new')

- The map is very VLC heavy at the moment- It would be great if others could help contribute other scenery areas and links! Simply create a placemark at the airport, change the icon to a plane, add a description and the URL to the download (if on Avsim, the link to the actual download is preferred. For other downloads which may change, just the website will suffice).

I am currently editing the data so that each designer has their own set of placemarks. Google Earth handles this quite well for when there are multiple placemarks in the same place (ie. airports that have been designed by a few people)- When clicking on placemarks that are in close proximity to each other, they will expand and show all variations.
Cheers
Last edited by Timmo on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timmo
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:43 am

Do you also want towns add , photoreal , Alexandra and Clyde for example , one other thing .... FRENZY , ya have to change that name ... sounds so bloody gay laugh.gif
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Timmo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:22 pm

Ian Warren wrote:
QUOTE (Ian Warren @ Mar 30 2012,12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you also want towns add , photoreal , Alexandra and Clyde for example , one other thing .... FRENZY , ya have to change that name ... sounds so bloody gay laugh.gif

I certainly can- There are a lot of things not added yet (photoreal areas especially can be a pain to figure out the extents)

Name will be changed soon too smile.gif
Timmo
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:42 pm

Also incoming scenery , Foxpine updated - Hamner Springs photo , Ashburton town , that would have a double whammy with Dan 'Lowflier' putting in buildings , takeaways .. prob even a NZFF drive thru were you can get a Hu Hu Grub burger drool.gif ... course Christchurch and what come with that ... few other towns also COOKING away winkyy.gif

I do like the idea of the name change .. the old one - it dose sound like something you put in with your washing laugh.gif
Last edited by Ian Warren on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby AdrianPetford » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:05 pm

Great stuff Timmo, that's brilliant. Thanks for your work. I've hoped for something like this for a long time.

clapping.gif thumbup1.gif clapping.gif thumbup1.gif

Ade
Adrian Petford
West Midlands, UK

I spend eleven months of the year in the UK and one in NZ. I'm hoping to improve that... ;-)
AdrianPetford
Sim-holic

Postby waggonwheel » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:43 pm

Can't seem to find the photoreal area that covers the large area around Te Anau. It is activated by ticking the Godzone box but can't find it there
waggonwheel

Postby Ian Warren » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:55 am

waggonwheel wrote:
QUOTE (waggonwheel @ Apr 6 2013,9:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't seem to find the photoreal area that covers the large area around Te Anau. It is activated by ticking the Godzone box but can't find it there

The area is called Takitimu .
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby AlisterC » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:28 pm

AlisterC
NZFF Pro

Postby waggonwheel » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Thanks my father used to muster sheep on some of the stations down there so looking forward to finding some of his old haunts
waggonwheel

Return to Scenery