MSFS - NZNV and NZTI

An area to discuss scenery addons for virtual NZ

MSFS - NZNV and NZTI

Postby cowpatz » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:08 am

Just released on Flightsim.to.

NZNV Invercargil is very polished and GSX ready. The only downside is you will need every World Update to be able to see all the objects.
That will have a big effect on sim loading times, especially if you are like me, and spend most of your time in Oceania.

Rob has uploaded his NZTI Taieri as well, and is a must have.
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: MSFS - NZNV and NZTI

Postby Charl » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:13 am

Very good of ROBTOPP :) to make NZTI available, it was my first ever MSFS 2020 scenery and is a delight as expected.
I am a big fan of standalone sceneries which do without resorting to Object Libraries, and Robin's stuff never failed to impress.
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby cowpatz » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:50 am

Yes, Robs sceneries are great.
You know it wouldn’t at all surprise me if Rob wasn’t working away on a secret little scenery project. I hope so.
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby jpreou » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:52 pm

cowpatz wrote:Yes, Robs sceneries are great.
You know it wouldn’t at all surprise me if Rob wasn’t working away on a secret little scenery project. I hope so.

... and I for one hope it would be Rangiora NZRT !!! :)

I'd like Invercargill, but I don't have any world sceneries except Oceania\NZ ... I guess I'll need to check what is needed.
Personally, I don't really mind object libraries, as such, but needing all world updates is a ridiculous position. I prefer sceneries that are entirely 'self-contained'.
--
Jeff, ChCh, NZ
jpreou
Sim-holic

Postby cowpatz » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:31 pm

jpreou wrote:... and I for one hope it would be Rangiora NZRT !!! :)

Rob could knock that out by lunchtime I reckon. :D
Eh Rob.........Rob?
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby toprob » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:34 am

cowpatz wrote:Yes, Robs sceneries are great.

Well, there are a couple of unfinished projects, including NZCH, which I'd love to finish one day.
Flightsim.to was a bit of a test, really, as Taieri for MSFS really under-performed in my store -- in two years, I sold less that 10% of any other scenery. Ok, it wasn't a popular airport, but I had hoped for better. I have always believed that MSFS users were happy to stick with the built-in marketplace, which is why my main goal was to get access, but that didn't happen.
Putting NZTI on flightsim.to just confirmed to me that the marketplace is the only real option, it has hardly made a dent as a freebie. So far 7 New Zealanders have downloaded it.
So I'm happy to potter around when I have some spare time (not a lot lately) and have no time-frame for any future releases. It is very frustrating knowing that there is a huge market out there who are happy to pay for addons, but I just can't get in.
Really looking forward to MSFS 2024, though.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby jpreou » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:51 am

Perhaps it is time to try again with the MSFS Marketplace application/request, Rob? Your work is top notch and easily the equal of some of the other stuff seen on there.
--
Jeff, ChCh, NZ
jpreou
Sim-holic

Postby toprob » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:18 pm

jpreou wrote:Perhaps it is time to try again with the MSFS Marketplace application/request, Rob?

I've taken surprisingly well to retirement, so this isn't really on the cards. Anyway, it looks like things haven't improved for lone developers looking for marketplace access, even with the tweaks they've made.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Return to Scenery