NZ VLC version 1.3 config tool

An area to discuss scenery addons for virtual NZ

NZ VLC version 1.3 config tool

Postby Nosecone » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:27 am

Hi all

I have NZ VLC and using it with FSX SE. After installing it I opened the configuration tool and turned on all roads streams and ticked Ai boats clicked apply and exit. Before I launched FSX I opened the config tool but the charges didn't save they were showing the default roads and streams and Ai boats were un ticked.

Has anyone had the same issue with the config tool
Appreciate any help

Regards

Rhys
Nosecone
Forum Addict

Topic author

Re: NZ VLC version 1.3 config tool

Postby emfrat » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:02 pm

Hello Rhys - I don't recall any probs with it, but that was a long time ago. The most likely trap is the path to your FSX. If you don't specify it, or make a typo, the configurator will look in the default location, and if you have installed your FSX to a custom location, it can't change anything. My own FSX installation was to a folder named FS10.
If you read the VLCConfig.config.xml you can see what each bit does, and where it is looking. There is also a vlcconfig.log file. These are in the main VectorLandClass folder.
The pdf says to simply choose your settings, apply then exit and then make a flight. Not sure now if the flight is necessary to set the changes in place, but it might be.

Hope this helps
MikeW
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

OnlineUser avatar
emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Nosecone » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:48 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply Mike. When I installed vlc, fsx was the only option (I'm using the steam edition) funny thing is the agstrip box when un ticked removes them and when ticked places them back so that's working.
Looking at the vlcconfig log it shows the path to fsx se
With \inactive \ so not sure what that means

Rhys
Nosecone
Forum Addict

Topic author

Postby toprob » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:32 pm

the config tool simply moves files between 'scenery' and 'inactive'. so you can do that yourself, you just need to figure out which are which:)
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Nosecone » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:13 pm

Hi Toprob

Thanks for the reply. Its being a while since I have being using flight sim and now the 500e sim is up and running its back installing files. Do I need to change something in the xml file for FSX SE to activate the changes I want in the config tool

Regards

Rhys
Nosecone
Forum Addict

Topic author

Return to Scenery