first impressions aerofly F2

A forum specifically to discuss the latest and greatest of all flight simulators

first impressions aerofly F2

Postby tanken2 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:21 am

Was looking to move on from FSX (will still be using it for my NZ domestic flights) looked at prepar (expensive for what you get) Xplane (loaded demo) and Aerofly. I found Xplane a lot of work in cockpit not user friendly, but it was Aerofly's scenery that attracted me.

aircraft , F15,F18,C127,Baron, ASG glider,A320, B737,B747,Buker jungmeister,King air C90,Aermacchi MB399, Copsair FCU,Extra330, Swift glider,P38 lightning,Sopwith Camel,Dash 8.
have flown and landed by ILS 747,A320 and Dash 8 (747 was full autoland). Vc cockpits up to quality of payware Aerosoft and PDMG. 90% functionality and being worked on (A320 FMC nearly there , 747 only one screen on FMC available. They have a route planner that planes will fly to similar to FSX but better ( you can place your plane anywhere on the route). The big thing with this sim is the ability to work well with Occulus rift for virtual reality and is attracting a lot of interest. Orbx are on board and have already produced several airports and scenery areas. It is a work in progress but I love it . limited freeware flying area but it is 3x the size of New Zealand and 150+ airports and airfields. you could place your 747 where Auckland should be (New Zealand is Mesh at the moment) and fly to and land at Los Angeles as most of the trip is over water anyway or place your plane anywhere along the route.Orbx payware Lowi Innsbruk , Chicargo Meigs field, Netherlands , Monterey , Eagle country (Utah), Helgoland (Germany). Ipacs payware Switzerland, New York , South florida.
tanken2

Topic author

Re: first impressions aerofly F2

Postby Charl » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:48 am

Yes the western US is a vast playground for starters.
ORBX Monterey and Eagle Hill fit beautifully in there.
Some of the most extraordinary RW scenery amazingly rendered in the sim.

As long as one remembers it is an ongoing WIP with various bits yet to come (and sometimes too slowly for the devotees!) it is a wonderful distraction.

As I've mentioned here, NZ would fit well inside AFS2.

EDIT: A screen shot in this month's competition would win for sure.
Maybe...
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby tanken2 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:15 am

agree, it is a sign of the way forward beyond FSX/P3d happy to play now and wait .have train sim 2018 then along came TSW a completely new graphics engine stunning gameplay but also a bit of a WIP.
tanken2

Topic author

Postby toprob » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:38 am

Charl wrote:EDIT: A screen shot in this month's competition would win for sure.
Maybe...

I hope not, so far I think only my entry is FS2...

I've said very recently that while getting NZ into Aerofly FS2 seems like a no-brainer, IPACS are unlikely to do it all by themselves. So someone has to actually get stuck in. I've made a start, but just on my own it'll probably take 5 years working part-time. (I know I work full-time at scenery development, but I need to give priority to stuff which gives me an ongoing income.) So if there were 10 of us working on this, it might just take 6 months.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby tanken2 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:25 pm

But we are not clever like you
tanken2

Topic author

Return to All Flight Simulators