Problems with NZCH v110 (Airport Only)

The official REAL NZ support forum

Problems with NZCH v110 (Airport Only)

Postby Hamilton » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:18 pm

Hello,

I bought this scenery: "GODZONE VF - REAL NEW ZEALAND NZCH/CHRISTCHURCH P3D" scenery and I have only trouble. I installed only the "NZCH v110 (Airport Only)" because i just want the airport scenery.
I have the ORBX NZ South Island and for some reason the taxiways signs are superimposed, as well as the ground gate markings and runway texture (check attached pics).
I have installed and uninstalled it several times without success. Thanks for any help.

Hamilton

Topic author

Re: Problems with NZCH v110 (Airport Only)

Postby toprob » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:23 pm

A couple of things you can check -- any Real NZ/Godzone scenery which is designed to work with Orbx NZ does require Orbx NZ to be installed first, as the Godzone installer can only make the necessary changes if it finds Orbx NZ. It sounds like this may not be an issue for you, though.

You will need to set the Orbx Insertion Point using Orbx Central, so that Orbx scenery loads before any other scenery addons, otherwise Orbx Central will keep bringing Orbx scenery to the top of the list, always giving it priority.

If you have already set the Insertion Point to the correct location, then we'll need to look a bit further.

-Robin
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Hamilton » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:18 am

"Note that priority issues with NZCH and other Godzone scenery have always been solved by either setting the Orbx Insertion Point, or by ensuring that Orbx is installed before Godzone scenery, so my installer can make any relevant changes to ensure it works with Orbx NZ installed."

Maybe it's the language barrier, maybe I didn't understand the procedure (see attached pic please).
For the Insert Point I selected the very bottom of my third-party add-on (the first above Randolph_AFB) but even doing this, it still didn´t work...sorry but I have a lot of sceneries and I never had to do this procedure before.
Thanks.

Hamilton

Topic author

Postby toprob » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:15 am

Thanks for getting back. The steps you mention should be sufficient, but it may be worth rechecking the Insertion Point, as I understand that the Insertion Point setting should be persistent -- it should show the scenery entry you chose previously. Yours still shows the top of the scenery library, which would mean that Orbx scenery still has priority over everything. Here's how my insertion point setting shows:

Scenery priority has always been an issue which needed to be dealt with, and developers have different ways of dealing with this. In the old days, users were expected to set the priority themselves, but most developers these days handle this behind the scenes. Orbx is a bit different, though, as their Central tool will always reset priority to the top of the list unless the user changes this.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Hamilton » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:19 am

toprob wrote:Thanks for getting back. The steps you mention should be sufficient, but it may be worth rechecking the Insertion Point, as I understand that the Insertion Point setting should be persistent -- it should show the scenery entry you chose previously. Yours still shows the top of the scenery library, which would mean that Orbx scenery still has priority over everything. Here's how my insertion point setting shows:

Scenery priority has always been an issue which needed to be dealt with, and developers have different ways of dealing with this. In the old days, users were expected to set the priority themselves, but most developers these days handle this behind the scenes. Orbx is a bit different, though, as their Central tool will always reset priority to the top of the list unless the user changes this.

Sorry, it was my fault, I used the previous wrong photo (before the Insert Point setting), in fact, after the procedure the Insert Point didn´t change and it stayed the way I inserted in, as I said before I selected the very bottom of my third-party add-on (the first above Randolph_AFB, in my case the "PauloR_MegaSPaulo") (please check the correct pic attached) but even after doing this, it still not working...

Sorry sir, I've been dealing with this problem for two days without success, I've searched the internet, forums, tips from friends and I can't get this scenery to work. I've been simming since 1994 and I confess I've never had a problem like this... Please take a look at this attached pic and the others from my first post to check waht is wrong. Thanks.
Hamilton

Topic author

Postby toprob » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:18 am

Ok, that makes sense, I've just had a closer look at your P3D screenshots, and this isn't a normal priority issue.
There's just one more thing I'd like you to check, if you don't mind persevering with this.
I'm not sure where your Orbx scenery is installed, you may know this, or you may have to search for it. Please take a look at this folder:

NZ South Island\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZSI_05_SCENERY\scenery

...and check for these files:

ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZCH_GP_P3D.bgl
ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZCH_Markings.bgl

My NZCH installer tries to disable these two files by renaming them like this:

ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZCH_GP_P3D.bgl.bak
ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZCH_Markings.bgl.bak

If the original files still exist, then this would explain the issue. You can try renaming these with the '.bak' extension and see if it helps. It may be that you have both the original and disabled files already, so you could just delete the original ones and leave the others.

An explanation:
Any addon has the ability to exclude most default or other scenery elements, which requires the addon to have a higher priority. So simply by making sure the addon has higher priority, most conflicting elements can be removed. However some ground markings can't be excluded like other elements, so my installer disables these two files. I'm not actually sure which one controls these markings, as I don't have access to my P3D5 installation at the moment.

The most common reason why this wouldn't work is either than my installer couldn't find the Orbx files, or that you have reinstalled or repaired the Orbx installation. Repairing the installation normally results in both the original and disabled files existing together, and a normal reinstall of NZCH won't fix this. Hence the need to manually disable these files if this is affecting you.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Hamilton » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:17 am

toprob wrote:
My NZCH installer tries to disable these two files by renaming them like this:

ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZCH_GP_P3D.bgl.bak
ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZCH_Markings.bgl.bak

If the original files still exist, then this would explain the issue. You can try renaming these with the '.bak' extension and see if it helps.

You were right, the original files still exist, so I renamed both files as instructed, but it didn't work, in summary I had to uninstall and install 2 times, because the first time your scenery didn't appear in P3D, only the second time when I also uninstalled the VLC libraries and installed everything there it appeared, I did the Insert Point in ORBX Central and fired the sim, but I believe that something is not right. (see the pics) I believe your scenery is not the way it is in the pictures, but that´s the way it is now. By the way the ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZCH_GP_P3D.bgl.bak and ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZCH_Markings.bgl.bak files are as I left them and there is no other with the same name, like ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZCH_Markings.bgl, (I don´t know if this information helps because you said It may be that I have both the original and disabled files and I still have the two I renamed, but no the bgls: ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZCH_GP_P3D.bgl and ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZCH_Markings.bgl, I believed the NZCH installer would put their own. I don´t know.

EDIT: I checked some vids on youtube and that´s the way it is, so, thanks a lot for your answers and support.

Regards,

Hamilton

Hamilton

Topic author

Return to Godzone 'Real New Zealand' Scenery Support