NZCH Dynamic Lighting / Ground Poly V5.2HF1

The official REAL NZ support forum

NZCH Dynamic Lighting / Ground Poly V5.2HF1

Postby stirling » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:20 pm

G'day Toprob, hope you are well mate.
I just flew in to NZCH tonight for the first time at night, and have had some strange issues with the dynamic lighting not appearing on the aircraft (I heard this was something to do with lights not being updated for v5?). And the landing lights shining on the taxiway very weirdly.
I'm not too sure if anyone else has had these issues.
Have a good one
Stirling

edit - here is source for the dynamic lighting not appearing https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137784
stirling

Topic author

Re: NZCH Dynamic Lighting / Ground Poly V5.2HF1

Postby toprob » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:11 pm

I maybe have a fix which should help, it tweaks the lighting in v5, and hopefully fixes the lack of lighting on PBR textures. Anyone who is able to test this please let me know, it's just an update to the VLC Libraries. There are still some issues with v5 dynamic lights, such as the disparity between light appearance on custom ground polys vs resampled aerials. Since NZCH is a mix of both, it's tricky to fix, but I'll keep looking.
I don't really have any addon aircraft to test the PBR lighting, so it may be a matter of tweaking in via feedback.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby stirling » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:39 pm

toprob wrote:I maybe have a fix which should help, it tweaks the lighting in v5, and hopefully fixes the lack of lighting on PBR textures. Anyone who is able to test this please let me know, it's just an update to the VLC Libraries. There are still some issues with v5 dynamic lights, such as the disparity between light appearance on custom ground polys vs resampled aerials. Since NZCH is a mix of both, it's tricky to fix, but I'll keep looking.
I don't really have any addon aircraft to test the PBR lighting, so it may be a matter of tweaking in via feedback.

I can help test if you would like.

SD
stirling

Topic author

Postby toprob » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:35 am

I have a quick test fix, Stirling, so could you PM me your email address. Anyone else who wants to test this as well.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby toprob » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:49 pm

I'm actually looking for a few people to test this, as I really need to know how the lights appear on different systems. Note that it won't fix the taxiway lighting issue, as this seems to be part of Prepar3d v5 at the moment -- not sure if it can be tweaked sim-side, but really there isn't much I can do with the actual scenery.
To test the PBR-capable lights, I'll just send a quick ZIP file, which updates the VLC Libraries. I'll include a couple of screenshots showing how to do this.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Return to Godzone 'Real New Zealand' Scenery Support