MSFS BB BN2 Great Barrier to Limestone Downs

A forum to share your FS video clips and movies

MSFS BB BN2 Great Barrier to Limestone Downs

Postby Chairman » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:18 pm

I didn't feel like submerging myself in the VR headset tonight so I took the rather nice Blackbox BN2 Islander on an early morning trip from Great Barrier down to NZLD Limestone Downs. The LD website says LD is a large farm, the strip looks on the sat maps like a topdressing strip, AIP deny it exists, and to me it's the place where I've not yet managed to land a plane so that it could be flown away again - it's a sealed strip narrower than most taxiways, nasty and deceptive from the approach and some tosser always drives out in front of you as you're on short final ...

I flew this in 2D with trackIR for the landing so it's at (my) full resolution which is about a quarter of what the sim is capable of and way better than VR resolution. If you want to thrash through the Mach loop, VR. If you just want to enjoy the view, 2D.

Here's a short video of the pass over Auckland CBD, Waiuku Dirt Track (of course), and the approach and a landing attempt at NZLD, along with (if I can make it work) some stills. It is a VERY pretty sim !

Terrain! Terrain! Pull up! Pull up!

Chairman
Sim-holic

Topic author

Return to FS Videos