New web site to assist aviation journalists

A place to converse about the general aspects of flight simulation in New Zealand

New web site to assist aviation journalists

Postby cowpatz » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:10 pm

cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: New web site to assist aviation journalists

Postby chopper_nut » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:49 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
chopper_nut
NZFF Pro

Postby FlyingKiwi » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:50 pm

Some years ago I had a very pushy TV reporter wanting to film a story regarding an aeroplane missing from Ardmore which was completely unconnected to my organisation in any way, immediately outside our building. I politely explained we didn't want our branding prominently featuring in the background of her story about a plane crash, but of course sympathy was not forthcoming and she ended up filming as near as possible to our building as she could without actually being on our property. That was when I remembered a particularly loud aircraft in our fleet hadn't been out for a while and needed a good engine runup and propeller cycle. I wonder if the video they got was better than their audio.
FlyingKiwi

Postby Charl » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:54 pm

The story of my life:

I go through this whole long process, and when it comes to the point of publication greatness, it didn't appear on Instagram!
Must be a Windows 11 thing... :lol:
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby emfrat » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:15 pm

I haven't thought of them as journalists for years. Objective factual reporting has long been extinct. I call them 'story fabricators' because that is what they do. They look at what is happening, and pick an item, and build a story on that. What is actually published will depend on the proprietor's political leanings and anything that may have been factual in the original will be buried in speculation and smear. Anything will do, so long as it sells another paper or generates an extra click on a website :angry: :angry: :angry:
Please don't quote me on that - it might be commercial in confidence :rolleyes:

MikeW
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Return to General