Zero editing

Post and comment on screen captures from the beautiful game here. Home of the monthly screenshot competition

Zero editing

Postby Splitpin » Fri May 22, 2020 8:42 pm

War thunder again , just showing you some of the detail on these things ....and of course their Lightning.
The only thing I did to these was add the "Pin" thing at the bottom.

Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: Zero editing

Postby Adamski » Sat May 23, 2020 12:37 am

Quite incredible! Superb aircraft detail - and great shots!

Did you manage to sort out the camera views? I seem to remember it was really hard to pan/rotate the view to get the aircraft where you wanted it to be in the frame. Is the view still always centred?

Final question .. are all those aircraft freebies or do you have to buy them?

Adam.
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Postby Aharon » Sat May 23, 2020 6:11 am

holy smokes

That is amazing and just like PHOTOGRAPHY

I mean you can fool airliners.net or jetphotos.net!!!!!!
Aharon
Sim-holic

Postby Aharon » Sat May 23, 2020 6:14 am

Adamski wrote:Final question .. are all those aircraft freebies or do you have to buy them?

If this Phantom with all those features is freebie, then the software developer of that Phantom would have won Nobel Prize long time ago :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Aharon
Sim-holic

Postby 000rick000 » Sat May 23, 2020 8:36 am

those look awesome! Too bad WT is so arcadey...
000rick000
Sim-holic

Postby Splitpin » Sat May 23, 2020 9:48 am

Thanks again gents.
@ Adam, sadly not much is free in WT, I'm not sure how much the F-4 cost me as you use in-game currency to buy mods, etc, purchased with real-world money ...I think it worked out to about $40NZD.
Most members "grind" their way through the levels to get the top-level aircraft or tanks and ships. I only join "battles" to grab screens, but there has been some code added lately that will kick you out if you don't use weapons enough, or try to destroy allies :rolleyes: Normally I get on average about 5-10 minutes in-game before being ejected, or shot down. Re the cameras ...in test flight mode you have little or no control over the view and you cant record it, but you can take a screenshot ...but not that good. In a full mission, you can save the replay and use about 6 cameras to grab screens and adjust the playback speed ...again, a little limited, but I haven't worked it all out at the moment.

@AharonThanks very much, kind words indeed ...but I think a little more work to fool the pro's ,I reckon Ricks work would have them thinking.

@RickThanks for looking Rick ...your right, this is a little cartoonish is some areas. I may get shot down for saying this, but IMO its more of a game than a simulation, but that may open for discussion/debate :)
Some of the scenery is a bit odd ...but from my point of view, good screen fodder at the moment, my system won't even look at DCS anymore ...sad, because I have a lot tied up in that as well .

Cheers guys ...more to come later. I'm off to download a big update for IL-2 :D
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Adamski » Sun May 24, 2020 12:48 am

Splitpin wrote:I only join "battles" to grab screens, but there has been some code added lately that will kick you out if you don't use weapons enough, or try to destroy allies :rolleyes: Normally I get on average about 5-10 minutes in-game before being ejected, or shot down. Re the cameras ...in test flight mode you have little or no control over the view and you cant record it, but you can take a screenshot ...but not that good. In a full mission, you can save the replay and use about 6 cameras to grab screens and adjust the playback speed ...again, a little limited, but I haven't worked it all out at the moment.

I fired WT up ... and promptly downloaded the 28GB update (!!!).

It remembered my old career (such as it was) so after a couple of test flights to see if my X52 still worked, I went back into battle.

Now it all comes back to me ... the reason why I gave it all up (!!!) ... those endless head-on engagements, where the bloke with the better aircraft/weaponry just takes you out before you can get your own puny little guns in range. The way the maps are set up, the two sides always start at opposite ends of the map and fly towards each other. Bloomin' hopeless.

There's no way I can afford to buy any of these gorgeous aircraft, so I have to grit my teeth and very painfully acquire the points via these idiotic battles. Sure - it's an arcade game - but it's still a very attractive one, visuals-wise.

Shame you can't seem to fly around enjoying the view - or have a decent viewing system available for offline test flights.

I'll try the replay mode and see if I can get the cameras to behave. Any more tips on that?
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Return to Screenshots