Do Not Understand SODE Stuff

An area to discuss scenery addons for virtual NZ

Do Not Understand SODE Stuff

Postby Aharon » Mon May 04, 2020 3:50 am

I am totally clueless in SODE gimmick. Does anybody know SODE stuff please?? I have version 1.64 and all NEW payware sceneries ask me to install 1.65. If I do it, will it overwrite previous version or do I have to uninstall older version first before installing version 1.65 please?? Will it screw up all existing payware sceneries that I have in pc that are still using SODE 1.64?

Thanks
Aharon
Sim-holic

Topic author

Re: Do Not Understand SODE Stuff

Postby toprob » Mon May 04, 2020 11:25 am

Aharon wrote:If I do it, will it overwrite previous version or do I have to uninstall older version first before installing version 1.65 please??

SODE uses a clever installer which will update properly if it finds an existing version, so you won't need to -- and shouldn't -- uninstall first.

Will it screw up all existing payware sceneries that I have in pc that are still using SODE 1.64?

Probably not. It shouldn't.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Aharon » Tue May 05, 2020 3:17 am

Shalom Toprob,

Thanks for your kind answer and I hope you are safe and all is well with you.

I look forward to FSX version of your awesome NZCH scenery when you have chance to complete it and debut it. Flight between Godzone NZNS Nelson and the coming future Godzone NZCH is going to be HECK of screenshots that I look forward to create for publication on many aviation forums.

Have a great month of May.

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby NZ255 » Wed May 06, 2020 5:14 pm

SODE is pretty awesome, has allowed lots of cool functionality.
How did you get on?

Nick
NZ255
NZFF Pro

Postby Aharon » Thu May 07, 2020 6:37 am

NZ255 wrote:SODE is pretty awesome, has allowed lots of cool functionality.How did you get on?

SODE is doing fine for me. It can open or close cargo hangar doors. It can bring deice trucks to plane to spray de-icing on it.

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon
Sim-holic

Topic author

Return to Scenery