Check in

A forum for everything else that does not fit into the other categories

Check in

Postby Splitpin » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:51 pm

Just hope you guys are all well ....if you get time give us a shout ....take care in these odd times.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: Check in

Postby toprob » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:56 pm

Yeah, us older folks are definitely too old for this. I am especially sorry for Chch people, who should by rights be able to sit this one out, they've been through enough lately. As Nigel Latta said, we'll be able to tell our grandkids of the time when we all had to stay home... which is another way of saying that one day we'll look back at this and laugh. Hysterically, maybe.
I feel a bit better off than most, as I normally live on my own, and don't like people. But I really feel sorry for kids, who shouldn't have to live through something like this. And their parents, must be doubly stressful.
What's your job situation at the moment, Marty?
Keep smiling, and look after yourselves.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby jpreou » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:17 am

toprob wrote:But I really feel sorry for kids, who shouldn't have to live through something like this. And their parents, must be doubly stressful.

You're not wrong there Rob. With my 7yr and 9yr at home, and a new un-trained puppy, and being in IT having to work from home not just kick back and relax, but stlll 'requiring' 80% billable but having all but two projects go into freeze, and my wife having lost a job through a broken ankle and getting a new job just before lock down but on casual with barely any hours ... yeah, 2020 not shaping up too good so far and likely one we'll want to forget.
</rant over>
Last edited by jpreou on Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Jeff, Rolleston, NZ
P3Dv4.x and a bunch of add-on stuff... some 'global' products, but otherwise NZ-only
jpreou
Forum Addict

Postby Charl » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:55 pm

My word, I am deafened by all this checking in... everyone too busy elbowing their way around the supermarket, then?
Just in case anyone thought this was not deadly serious, here's a gentle reminder, of appropriate strength:
https://youtu.be/Hks6Nq7g6P4
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby cowpatz » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:44 pm

Yep all bunkered in here. Just the 3 of us to see it out. Going to be a long 4 weeks.
On the plus side I might now be able to do a bit of serious flight simming (which has been lacking in the last year or so). Of course this will be after I have completed my "when I get around to it" tasks.
Good luck all.
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Postby emfrat » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:29 pm

Good one, Charl :clap: :clap: :clap:
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby SA227 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:06 pm

Been busy hauling freight. Right up to max landing weight on almost every sector.

Possibly a slightly reduced schedule from next week but the freight companies still have no real idea.

A few days on call now so will crank up the flight simulator and tinker with the model railway.

Cheers
SA227
Forum Addict

Postby Splitpin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:23 pm

"What's your job situation at the moment, Marty?"
On holiday from now for 4 weeks , but on call for any problems. Still no clear information regarding pay...which is a worry.
But, what will be will be ....one day at a time at this stage.

Question: Will banks be open? Im getting conflicting information.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby toprob » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:26 pm

Splitpin wrote:Question: Will banks be open? Im getting conflicting information.

Cheers, Marty. The 'official' covid19 site says yes to banks.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Splitpin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:32 pm

Thanks Rob ...... its just that the boys dont do internet banking, and I need their rent money in place on time.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Fozzer » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:27 am

Like Rob and Doug.
At 86 now, with a very large family (all doing their own thing), I have been living on my own for some 45+ years now, (probably longer!), and I'm not too fond of other folks being around me anyway, so the isolation really doesn't affect me, (I enjoy it!). I do my shopping when necessary on my trusty motorcycle which keeps me away from other folks. I prepare and cook for myself every day magnificent good-for-me-meals throughout the day! My big disappointment this 2020 will be not being ably to meet up with some of my motorcycle chums on weekends, especially now that winter is over and spring and summer is on its way. The rest of the time I am out and about, solo, on my motorcycle. Over my working life, I have collected a vast assortment of "objects/things" to entertain me daily since retiring in 1984! A house full of toys to play with! With warm sunny days ahead I have no idea what the future during 2020 holds for me and everyone else. This Corona Virus has caught everyone by surprise...and I wonder why no-one, WHO, (World Health Organisation), saw it coming in advance!! In the meantime, all my chums, take care, and like me, do your very best to laugh each day...(I love laughing).... :D ...!
Paul..... :wink2: .....
.....and what I do...>>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5lKG ... 9JA/videos
Fozzer
NZFF Pro

Postby cowpatz » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:24 am

Paul that is simply amazing. 86 and still riding a motorbike. Way to go.
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Postby Fozzer » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:57 am

cowpatz wrote:Paul that is simply amazing. 86 and still riding a motorbike. Way to go.

Hello CP... :D ...!
I've been doing all this crazy 2-wheeled, (and 3-wheeled Sidecar), stuff almost every day since 1950 when I got my Bike Licence.
Brit bikes and Jap bikes!
Always loads of fun and laughter, and occasionally in good company!
I'm afraid those days are dying away at the moment, with the present Pandemic scare, but I will continue to ride my trusty steeds whenever I'm allowed to, every day......restrictions.... :o .. :o .....???!
Its daily good eating and daily motorcycling which keeps me in good health....and happiness...
...and I still have all my own hair...on my head...which belies my age!...LOL... :lol: ....!
Best wishes to all my many Internet Chums.
Keep trying to do what you normally enjoy doing...
...with loads of laughter.... :lol: ...!
Cheers, all...
...and take care... :wink2: ...!

Paul...Bike it...you'll like it!.... B-) ....Trust me...!
Fozzer
NZFF Pro

Postby Fozzer » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:38 am

...P.S...

I have recently purchased a 3-String Guitar Box Guitar and VOX Mini5 Rhythm Amplifier, to accompany my mountain of Musical Instruments filling my big house...
So, together with a glass of Pale Cream Sherry, I can play the Delta Blues, etc......
....and be a real Happy Bunny all day long!

...>>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-nLv3u_pDc&t=15s

Two Wheels and Three Strings... :D ....

Its what makes the world go round...

...trust me... :wink2: ...!

Paul.... :D .... :D ...!
Fozzer
NZFF Pro

Postby Lindstrim » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:21 pm

Still flying, really reduced loads and actually quite a bit of freight out of AKL also.
Lindstrim
Sim-holic

Postby Splitpin » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:01 pm

Lindstrim :thumbup: Keep up the good work , and stay safe.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Splitpin » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:03 pm

SA227 wrote:Been busy hauling freight. Right up to max landing weight on almost every sector.

Possibly a slightly reduced schedule from next week but the freight companies still have no real idea.

A few days on call now so will crank up the flight simulator and tinker with the model railway.

Cheers

Please give wine a priority place Captain ...take care :thumbup:
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Splitpin » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:04 pm

First day of the sentance almost over ...so far so good. I slept in until 0900 , and then planned a whole lot of stuff ....and didnt do it :ph43r:
Her indoors isnt very well, but managed to get a list together .... so both cars will get a clean out and maybe an oil change, garden pots filled and bulbs put in, any old stuff removed from the freezers,blah blah ....i glazed over after that lot.
I might go out for a walk if its fine , we have a wetland reserve close by , with swans and ducks and stuff like that ...they may feel like a chat. Otherwise I have the sims and a few books that need reading.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby toprob » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:15 pm

'Onya, Marty. I've just had a quick walk, not my normal down to the bay and through town, though, but I figure 40 minutes is better than nothing at the moment. Until I hit the main road, I only saw half a dozen cars, and two of them were police. They both slowed down for a look, just to make sure I wasn't out for trouble. I walked past the supermarket, and only two cars in the carpark.
Lockdown is already losing its novelty. Still, my Bosnian ex did share a post about their 'lockdown' during the war, when they couldn't find food, and going out meant risking the snipers. So hey, it could be a lot worse!
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby emfrat » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:13 pm

Walk softly, and carry a pack of bog roll :o :lol:
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Next

Return to Off Topic