NZCH

The official REAL NZ support forum

NZCH

Postby rick66 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:13 pm

Hi Rob, I`ve just returned to P3d after a few years away, just bought your NZCH today and was wondering how to disable the LC so i have Orbx NZSI textures all the way up to NZCH, I`m not concerned about blending issues or autogen, just wanted consistant looking picture, also i cannot disable the Real NZ lanclass via the scenery library inside P3d, it`s locked and unclickable? One more thing i`ve got flashing textures around the apron and green textures on the edge of the taxiway on the asphalt?

Any help appreaciated.

Rick
rick66

Topic author

Re: NZCH

Postby toprob » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:56 pm

Hi Rick, I appreciate your purchase!
Normally I don't make allowance for an airport-only photoscenery, but after recent discussions with a prospective reviewer, I did look at how this would work. At the moment I am working on a version which only installs the immediate airport bounds, which will be colour-adjusted for the different Orbx seasonal textures. Not sure how long this will take, but hopefully not more than a month. No promises, however, as there are a few personal things I'm dealing with at the moment, so I'm running behind with all my projects.
Real NZ/Godzone scenery is not added to the Scenery Library in Prepar3d, it's added as an 'add-on', so you can switch it on/off via the Options: Add-ons menu.
There are a couple of things you can check to fix the ground textures, first is the Orbx Insertion Point, mentioned in the NZCH manual. Make sure that Orbx is inserted so it loads before any Real NZ/Godzone scenery.
The other issue is with Orbx Central 4 migration. If you migrate Orbx NZSI to the new system, it will undo the alterations the NZCH installer makes to Orbx NZCH. At the moment I'm recommending that you wait to migrate, I understand that it won't make any real difference, and you can still install and use Orbx Central, just don't migrate the NZ regions yet.
However if you've already done this, there will be a fix shortly. I have been looking at a tool to take care of all Real NZ/Orbx conflicts, but this may not eventuate for a while, in the meantime I may just update the Real NZ NZCH (and other affected airports) installer, so it can find the migrated Orbx regions.
So there will be an update shortly, which will:
  • Fix the VLC Libraries installation so it doesn't overwrite Orbx autogen models;
  • Fix the LOD-switching issues with the photoscenery on the Port Hills;
  • Find Orbx NZCH-related scenery after Orbx Central migration;
This will then be followed shortly after by the airport-only NZCH.
First, though, there may be a VLC Libraries update, which is the priority at the moment, to fix the autogen library object problems. I think this is done, but recent experience has taught me that you can't rush a release these days!
After NZCH has been updated, I'll tweak Dunedin and Nelson for Orbx Central 4 NZSI compatibility. As I said, I am hoping to release a tweak tool which will look after Real NZ/Orbx compatibility, as at the moment any changes or updates from Orbx tend to muck things up. Having a quick way to fix that would be an advantage, but is outside my normal skill set until I can figure out a lot of things.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby rick66 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:11 pm

Hello Rob,
Thanks for the heads up, i`ll play around with some scenery order and get it sorted, just a matter of getting my head around all the new features with p3dv4, anyway it`s good to see your still going strong, love your work.

Edit, here`s my texture flashing... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMzQrHfuIr4&t=11s

Rick
rick66

Topic author

Postby toprob » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:18 pm

What's the actual version number of your Prepar3d v4?
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby rick66 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:40 pm

4.5.12.30293, I just installed it 4 days ago so it should be the latest.
rick66

Topic author

Return to Godzone 'Real New Zealand' Scenery Support