Where Can I Find This Base Package Please?

An area to discuss scenery addons for virtual NZ

Where Can I Find This Base Package Please?

Postby Aharon » Sat May 18, 2019 2:33 am

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Where can I find free VLC North Island Airfields package for FSX use, please? Or is it same as Vector Land Class library that is required for successful use of Godzone's NZDN Dunedin and NZNS Nelson? I have VLC libraries that are required for payware sceneries NZDN and NZNS.

I want to install Gisborne scenery but it requires free VLC North Island Airfields package for FSX use??? (still do not understand VLC stuff)

Thanks,

Aharon
Aharon
Sim-holic

Topic author

Re: Where Can I Find This Base Package Please?

Postby toprob » Sat May 18, 2019 10:56 am

I'm not sure if the Airfield Packs are available, but I can't see any reason why they couldn't be. Maybe someone can find a home for them.

Here's a quick intro to Vector Landclass:

Vector Landclass is a complete update of New Zealand landclass, elevation, roads/rivers and other topographical features, developed by Tim Barnes. It is no longer supported.

The VLC Libraries were designed as a freeware library of New Zealand objects, so that anyone could build their own NZ airports or other scenery. At the moment I think I'm the only developer who uses them, so I may re-evaluate this at some stage. The plan was always to allow any developer to add their own models, so the libraries would grow, but that never really happened. With the upcoming NZCH installer, I may remove the separate installation of the Libraries, so that they don't confuse anyone. (It will still install the Libraries, it just won't make a fuss about it.)

The VLC Airfield Packs were designed to add some customised airports to Vector Landclass. Tim did a few for the North Island and I did a few for the South. They are mostly pretty simple, just adding a few library objects etc. I did a few old 'Godzone'-style airports which were included, and I think that these are all available on AVSIM, details are here:

http://windowlight.co.nz/store/index.ph ... &chapter=2
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Aharon » Sat May 18, 2019 3:41 pm

ToProb,

Thanks for cool answers accompanied by awesome breakdown of explanations of each kind of libraries. From reading that specific breakdown, I realize I have VLC Libraries but not VLC Airfield Packs or not Vector Landclass

If I want to use Gisborne airport scenery, I guess I have to look around for free VLC Airfield Packs because Gisborne scenery requires use of VLC Airfield Packs.

Also, thanks for awesome link to list of more freeware goodies.

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby toprob » Sat May 18, 2019 4:38 pm

I've uploaded the NI Airfield Pack here:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArZp-9_gJnTils81z5cmiP0HQUOyDQ
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Aharon » Sun May 19, 2019 2:43 am

toprob wrote:I've uploaded the NI Airfield Pack here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArZp-9_gJnTils81z5cmiP0HQUOyDQ

Toprob,

Thanks a zillion for your kindness and for this cool download link!!

I am afraid to ask you question: where in the scenery order in the scenery list is this NI Airfield Pack is supposed to go? And should it be above or below Gisborne scenery? Should NI Airfield Pack be above or below VLC Libraries and all your superb payware and freeware Godzone airport sceneries? Took me long time to work up my courage to successfully install VLC Libraries and your payware NZDN Dunelin and NZNS Nelson sceneries :) :)

Guess it will take me time to work up my courage to install NI Airfield Pack :)

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby toprob » Sun May 19, 2019 9:41 am

Don't worry too much about priority for these, just let the installer handle that. Airports are normally just added to the top of the scenery library. I'm not sure what you have for Gisborne, though.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Aharon » Sun May 19, 2019 11:18 am

toprob wrote:Don't worry too much about priority for these, just let the installer handle that. Airports are normally just added to the top of the scenery library.

Okay thanks Toprob

toprob wrote:I'm not sure what you have for Gisborne, though.

I am using FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 for this Gisborne scenery that I found on flightsim as seen below:

FSX - FSX Scenery
FSX Scenery--Gisborne Regional Airport
[ Download | View ]

Name: nzgs_gisborne-4x.zip
Size: 4,467,215 Date: 06-10-2014 Downloads: 1,525

FSX Scenery--Gisborne Regional Airport. Welcome to Gisborne Regional Airport, situated on the east coast of the North Island of New Zealand. The airport is served by Air New Zealand Link, and is home to many aviation related businesses including Air Gisborne Ltd. The airport is unique, in that is it the only commercial airport in the world to have have an active main-trunk railway line crossing over an active main runway. Trains have right-of-way over aircraft at all times. This airport scenery is built specifically to fit within the free VLC North Island Airfields package, and requires that you have this installed first. By Lawrie Roache (South Pacific FlightSim Scenery).

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon
Sim-holic

Topic author

Return to Scenery