Bridge won't go away at NZME

An area to discuss scenery addons for virtual NZ

Bridge won't go away at NZME

Postby mllgrennman » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:04 am

Hi..I can't seem to get rid of the default bridge at Lawrie's NZME...

Any ideas?

mllgrennman

Topic author

Re: Bridge won't go away at NZME

Postby mllgrennman » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:49 am

I installed VLC base...I was sure that was it...It lined up the road better...but the darn bridge still will not go away!!!

mllgrennman

Topic author

Postby Radar88 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:29 pm

The Bridge circled in red appears to be an Orbx Object Bridge rather than an actual default FSX object Bridge, this is likely found in FSX/Orbx/FTX_NZ/FTX_NZNI_05_SCENERY/scenery/ADE_FTX_NZNI_NZME_Objects.BGL

If you have installed both Orbx and VLC (VectorLandClass) in FSX, the two are not compatible, hence the potential to double up on objects such as a misplaced slightly off Mercer bridge as seen in the red circle.

In FSX if your using VectorLandClass and the VLC Libraries Enable these with a tick in the Scenery Library along with with any of Lawrie Roach Snowman's FSX 4X sceneries.

Then when you start FSX you go to Settings, Scenery Library and double check that you have un-ticked (Disabled) anything to do with installed Orbx scenery.

If you have Orbx NZNI installed and want to use Lawrie Roach Snowman's FSX 4X Mercer NZME recommended that you disable (un-tick) anything to do with FTX Orbx from the FSX Settings, Scenery Library such as the following scenery area's.

FTX_NZNI_05_SCENERY
FTX_NZNI_06_CVX
FTX_NZNI_07_MESH
FTX_NZNI_08_CUSTOM

If you have already done this and it's still showing then it's likely some other duplicate .blg file in another folder possibly. Would pay to check the Add On Scenery/ Scenery folder just to see if an accidental misplaced NZME .bgl file has ended up in the scenery sub folder of the Add On Scenery

Also ensure that "NZME_Mercer-4X" in the FSX / Addon Scenery folder does not have the .bgl file named “AFX_NZME_ALT.bgl” this needs to be moved into the FSX / Scenery / World / Scenery folder
Radar88

Postby mllgrennman » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:41 pm

Thanks for responding...I have ORBX NZNI disabled but the bridge is still there...But I made an exclude file with ADE and it actually worked!

I don't know why but I'll take it...If I still have issues I will do your other suggestions...Thanks again.

mllgrennman

Topic author

Return to Scenery