FSX GMax: Request assistance

An area to discuss scenery addons for virtual NZ

FSX GMax: Request assistance

Postby hazza » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:19 pm

Hi All,
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but if not can admins move to the correct place?

I have just returned from a few years working overseas and have decided I would like to get into creating models for buildings, hangers, etc. I have figured out how to do some of the basics but am really struggling to figure out how to attach a texture to my (very) basic model. I can usually get the texture to show (but not all the time!) and would appreciate any assistance.

My preference would be to meet face - face (your place or mine) and get some tutoring, alternatively if someone could assist via desktop sharing that would also be great.

I live in the Wigram area (on the old Air Base) in Christchurch.

Cheers

Harry
hazza

Topic author

Re: FSX GMax: Request assistance

Postby toprob » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:52 pm

I'd be happy to help if you can't find someone local, Harry. I'm a bit far away from Christchurch now, but I'm sure we could arrange something useful.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby NZ255 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:05 pm

I know it's not what you asked you but have you looked at youtube?
There are a few videos there that looked helpful for the basics. Even one specifically about FSX and gmax from the fsdeveloper conference.

BTW that textures appearing and disappearing sounds like 'view material in the viewport'. Click that blue button on to render the texture 'bitmap' in the viewport.

Also check out toprob's tutorials that I started with, when did you put these together? What 10 years ago, Rob? Very helpful.
http://windowlight.co.nz/store/index.ph ... &chapter=1
NZ255
NZFF Pro

Postby hazza » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:57 pm

Thanks Nick, yes I have looked at YouTube but the best one I could find has a 30 sec gap that just happens to be at the time of applying textures. And yes, I do have the "Blue button" turned on.

Toprob, thanks so much for your offer, I will send you a PM (if your settings allow, if not I'll post back here)

Cheers

Harry
hazza

Topic author

Return to Scenery