Flight Sim Expo 2018

Read and report on flightsim developers progress of upcoming or completed products

Re: Flight Sim Expo 2018

Postby cowpatz » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:25 am

I get the impression that this EXPO was a bit of a fizzer, at least with respect to new product announcements.
Even Godzone didn't bother attending :D
In particular I was hoping that A2A would announce the Piper Aerostar. PMDG's new product announcement seemed to go down like a lead balloon.
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Postby MichaelBasler » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:55 am

cowpatz wrote:I get the impression that this EXPO was a bit of a fizzer, at least with respect to new product announcements.
Even Godzone didn't bother attending :D
In particular I was hoping that A2A would announce the Piper Aerostar. PMDG's new product announcement seemed to go down like a lead balloon.

That was my impression, too. I was expecting something revolutionary from platin above all sponsor ORBX like completion of their HD buildings, a preliminary release date for UK TrueEarth, perhaps their new AU or - wow something even more recolutiuonary like them supporting installation via add-on.xml which might lay the path for getting rid of those ugly autogen issues when using with France VFR and Godzone requiring ACM.

Aerosoft another major player didn't bring much to the plate as well ... except another deferral of their Busses which was to be expected anyway.

FlyTampa didn't release their Las Vegas which anyone was hoping for. As I am German, I was in hope for 29Palms Nuremburg which has been in the works for felt 5 (10?) years now.

The only really positive news in my eyes were NZWN by FlightBeam and GSX2 by FSDreamteam.

No really revolutionary project either (that PMDG thingy doesn't count for me either).

In no way does it compare to FlightSimCon 2016 where ORBX announced two hands full of new developments (and realized at least one hand full of them later).

Kind regards, Michael
MichaelBasler

Postby cowpatz » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:26 am

There was also really good coverage of last year's event by D'Andre from ADX, but he seems to have vanished (and the website seems to be on life support).
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Postby Radar88 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:34 am

cowpatz wrote:There was also really good coverage of last year's event by D'Andre from ADX, but he seems to have vanished (and the website seems to be on life support).

D'Andre is still around and was at Flight Sim Expo 2018, he was seen by BelGeode trying out the Deadstick Bush Flying Simulator you can see him sitting at the Deadstick booth desk around 0:43

BelGeode Interview with Deadstick Developer FSE 2018

D'Andre these day's is way to busy as an Airline Pilot for a major US Airline and has taken a step back to be behind the scenes of ADX
Radar88

Topic author

Postby MichaelBasler » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:59 am

I find ADX lost its soul when D'Andre stepped back to leave only a shadow of itself. Look at the page visits. ADX had a very personal touch which you may or may not have liked, but it was special. Now it's just one more News collection.

There's certainly nothing wrong with D'Andre taking the promotion, but at this point it would have been better to just close or at least freeze ADX. IMHO it just doesn't work without him and I rarely visit it those days.

BTW, does he really work as an Airline pilot now? I know he works for a major airline, but I thought on ground (which may be wrong, though).

Kind regards, Michael
MichaelBasler

Return to Announcements