Missing buildings?

An area to discuss scenery addons for virtual NZ

Re: VLClibrariesInstall1_3.zip

Postby toprob » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:12 am

What's the problem with it?

Edit: just caught up with your other posts, which explain more. I think we'll just stick with one thread here otherwise it get confusing.
You said that the rural libraries do not appear, so I'm looking at that now. I may post a test VLCruralLibrary.bgl here later.
I wonder if Instant Scenery expects older models, prior to the change to drawcall batching? I know that the placement tool I use -- Whisplacer -- can't handle them. I think they both use SimConnect, so expect simobjects rather than the 'new' FSX objects.
Anyway, that wouldn't explain why the objects don't appear, so I'll have a look and get back.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Re: VLClibrariesInstall1_3.zip

Postby toprob » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:36 am

Can you try this replacement rural library file?

EDIT: I've merged all your threads into this one.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Re: Missing buildings?

Postby mllgrennman » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:20 pm

thank you for responding...sorry to flood but im trying everything and the kitchen sink to try to get these libraries to work...many of lawrie's amazing sceneries need them, and there are no others, even payware that cover these areas...anyway...it was confirmed that the latest vlc libraries do not show in some sceneries...is there a way to get v1.3, or perhaps someone could share them?

thanks again!
mllgrennman

Topic author

Postby toprob » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:37 pm

I'd much rather fix it -- did you try the 'fix' above?
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby mllgrennman » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:14 pm

that was it!...yes the fix worked...i just tested all of the problem airports and all the missing objects are now showing... :clap:

im glad my instant scenery test was able to narrow it down to the rural bgl file though...i dont know why it is faulty...ill just enjoy the fix...

thank you so much!
mllgrennman

Topic author

Postby toprob » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:28 pm

The most likely problem was that the Prepar3d file ended up in FSX. There's really no other reason I can think of that would stop it working. I was aware for the last couple of releases I wasn't getting many FSX beta testers, as all the reliable testers had moved to Prepar3d... This is yet another reason why developers are quitting FSX:)
Glad it's sorted, I'll make sure the next release works, but it might not be for a while.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby mllgrennman » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:50 pm

the only reason ive not switched yet is no money for a modern rig!...
mllgrennman

Topic author

Previous

Return to Scenery