Missing buildings?

An area to discuss scenery addons for virtual NZ

Missing building textures at ANYN

Postby mllgrennman » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:15 pm

not just missing textures...but parts of the building are not showing at all....
mllgrennman

Topic author

Re: Missing building textures at ANYN

Postby emfrat » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:54 pm

Nauru isn't part of New Zealand - it used to be administered from Australia. Who created the scenery? The most obvious guess is that this scenery requires scenery libraries from the same author - but I emphasise 'guess'.
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Looks more like a Lawrie Roach scenery.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby emfrat » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Ian Warren wrote:Looks more like a Lawrie Roach scenery.

:thumbup: Great minds guess alike :)
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:06 pm

One thing with Library files compared to a model build, they seem to glue to the ground a lot better , the model build dose not require files that can possibly go missing.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Snowman » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:54 am

The missing files are from the free Vector Landclass NZ Object Libraries.

Lawrie.
Snowman
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:26 pm

This is were I really I would prefer to have the Library object installed (or part) with the scenery and with credit, saves this issue and hassle.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Missing buildings?

Postby mllgrennman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:54 am

Hi. I have the latest libraries installed, but only a few objects from the screenshots are showing. Any ideas? Thanks.

This is NZMJ for example...

mllgrennman

Topic author

Re: Missing buildings?

Postby toprob » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:26 pm

Not too sure what you actually have installed, this looks like two different versions of the same airfield? On the left is Laurie's version, not sure what the other is. Which do you see?
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby mllgrennman » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:18 pm

sorry for the confusion...the first is a screenshot from the download file of what it is supposed to look like...the other is what i get after installing it..any ideas what im doing wrong?
mllgrennman

Topic author

Postby toprob » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:15 pm

Ah, ok, I have now had a closer look, as I first thought that there were two separate building models there, which suggested two separate scenerys. However it does seem that two models are combined into one building, and you are missing one of them.
The missing models look to be the VLC Libraries. Maybe redownload from the VectorLandclass website.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby mllgrennman » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:51 am

i have the latest libraries installed and activated...but the objects are not showing...i tried turning off dx10 preview...still no good...im stumped..
mllgrennman

Topic author

Postby mllgrennman » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:09 am

nzme is a disaster...VLC and objects are not showing even though installed and activated...im at a loss...
mllgrennman

Topic author

Postby mllgrennman » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:11 am

this is what it is supposed to look like...
mllgrennman

Topic author

Postby Radar88 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:31 am

Hi there

Robin is correct it looks to be potentially a VLC Libraries issue.

Although I would think Robin might need to take another look into this, as I suspect there maybe an issue with the latest VLC Library installer.

What you have is scenery from Lawrie Roache's, South Pacific FlightSim Scenery from August 2012 4X his collection of sceneries such as Martins Bay-4X.zip file from the initial pics shown, these are of Martins Bay Lodge Airfield NZMJ and the second posting lot of pics shown are from the Mercer-4X.zip file for Mercer Airfield NZME

At the time when the scenery was created the VLC Library Installer was version 1.2 from May 2012

I downloaded at the time as VLClibrariesInstall1_2.zip

Then in December 2012 VLC Library installer was released to version 1.3

I downloaded at the time as VLClibrariesInstall1_3.zip

It would appear that the Missing Building objects are found in the VLC Library installer versions 1.2 and 1.3

Subsequent VLC Library installer iterations released in 2014 with a Dual FSX and Prepar3D as version 1.4

I downloaded as VLClibrariesDual1_4.zip and later another version 1.41 was released in July 2016 that I downloaded as VLClibrariesMultiInstall_1_41.zip

Although when downloaded from Vector Land Class Libraries it shows as the current version 1.4 when you download and Unzip you will find just the installer VLClibrariesInstall.exe when Run as adminstrator the Installer Setup wizard is for Vector Land Class Libraries 1.46

As I have both previously installed Lawrie Roache's Martins Bay-4X and Mercer-4X sometime ago I thought I had better check my own setup and found that after, I had updated to the latest VLC Libraries done way back in late 2016 using the file VLClibrariesMultiInstall_1_41.zip

I found that I was getting the same results with missing buildings, fences, vegetation etc, from where they should be in the example pics.

I have run the VLClibrariesuninst.exe and removed, uninstalled the VLC Library and since I have a backup copy of the the older Library VLClibrariesInstall1_3.zip have re-installed and checked again.

Bingo I now have the missing buildings showing up.

It's a bit of mystery so wondering if Robin could perhaps shed some light or check back with the different VLC Libarary installer iterations as Timmo's website for the VLC Libraries 1.4 says that all libraries are backwards compatible with previous versions (V1.0, V1.1, V1.2, 1.3).

Robin might want to do some checking of his own, if he has the older VLC Library installer versions 1.2 and 1.3

I also checked the documentation Read Me.txt and Mercer-4X INSTALL.doc and ensured that I had moved the BGL file named “AFX_NZME_ALT.bgl” into the FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery

Not sure if anyone else has come across VLC Library issues like this with older FSX scenery, seems like it might be getting a little outdated now that Vector Land Class has gone freeware with not much support these days with the advent of newer modern x64 bit Flight Sims.
Radar88

Postby toprob » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:27 am

Something to think about, Radar, I'll have to see if there could be a reason why library objects stopped displaying for some people.

Most VLC Library updates are developed for and coincide with the release of a Real NZ or Godzone scenery, so they are tested as part of the whole beta program. However it has become more and more difficult to cover all the options with beta testers, simply because those who are keen to help are also likely to have more 'modern' sims and addons.

As I said, I'll mull it over and see if I can figure out any reason why this would happen, and find a way to test it.

You are right in that the Libraries are getting older, that's for sure. The plan was to have a single set which any NZ developer could use, and add their own models. So anyone could have their own area of interest, make a nice library, and have it go out in the next release. However only Tim and I have ever added to the library, and now that Tim has quit, it could be the time to look at a new library system. This week I've been reworking a scenery which was never released, although a couple of the models made it into the VLC Libraries. The new versions -- to bring them up to 'modern' standards of resolution and detail -- certainly show that the libraries are getting long in the tooth! Here it is both old and new, although the actual building has been reclad/reroofed since then...

The older model was considered sufficient for the outskirts of an airport a decade ago, but a lot has changed in 10 years!

The Library installer is still an important part of my scenery, as it also installs/controls custom autogen, and adds SODE support. It will probably continue this way until I can find the time (or someone else with time) to upgrade the process.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Cassidy International Airport not working

Postby mllgrennman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:05 pm

For some reason the VLC Library objects are not showing even when activated...

I have this issue with some other of Lawrie's airports...but his email is not up anymore
mllgrennman

Topic author

Postby mllgrennman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:09 pm

Yes I have the Vector Landclass NZ Object Libraries installed and activated...but for some reason they are not showing...and Lawrie seems to be unreachable...Im stumped.. :wacko:
mllgrennman

Topic author

Postby mllgrennman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:32 pm

Seems reverting to the older version fixed it for you...(VLClibrariesInstall1_3.zip)...could you possibly share this file?

There are no other sceneries for a lot of these airports other than the old ones...

thank you!
mllgrennman

Topic author

VLClibrariesInstall1_3.zip

Postby mllgrennman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:44 pm

Hi...can anyone possibly share VLClibrariesInstall1_3.zip?...the latest version does not work with many of Lawries airports.

thanks in advance
mllgrennman

Topic author

Next

Return to Scenery