FSX install .

An effort to collaborate all freeware New Zealand scenery addons. Discuss the creation and management of the project here.

FSX install .

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:54 pm

This really gives a great indication to how well we are treated, Finally got FSX installed, NO mission simply it was just a time thing , one off the biggest things that it show's is how dramatic the change is from the default of the release in mid Oct 2006 , so in the near 11 years things really have come a very long way, the primary reason the get FSX running AGAIN .. yeah happens to all of us .. was simply so I can transfer FSX aircraft and what not .. course add to the help desk .. the scenery and build, scenery is one thing thing easily moves forward and work on future platforms P3D .. the next .
Anyway now way Cooking !
Image
User avatar
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro
 
Topic author
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 5:23 pm
Posts: 41205
Location: AREA 51

Re: FSX install .

Postby Fozzer » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:48 pm

When I went from FS 2004 to FSX (first released) I didn't experience very much difference in the two programs...

....it wasn't until I started to add all all the wonderful add-on freeware and payware stuff to FSX, that I started to appreciate the difference between the two programs!

Especially things like detailed "Mesh"...(FS Global), etc... :D ...!

That, together with "Ultimate Terrain USA" makes all my USA Flights highly realistic...together with all the "moving traffic" available in FSX!

My main interest in the Flight Sim is exploring "Ground Scenery" at very low level...and on the ground!

One of the reasons why I only use aircraft like my trusty Cessna 150 (and my little Gyrocopters/Flexwing) for my daily low-and-slow flights!

Done all the Flight Instructions, etc, years ago, and got the Wings, so its "touring/exploring for fun" nowadays!

....in between cooking very tasty meals... :wink2: ...!

Paul.... :rockon: ...!
User avatar
Fozzer
Senior Member
 
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:29 pm
Posts: 1871
Location: Hereford, Herefordshire, England

Re: FSX install .

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:24 pm

Being a plane nutter .. add the Warships , add the model building .. add the photo , add the interest course a little passion .. need a little of that then add ... Well Fozz .. gotta ask ya .. do you have that DC-3/C-47 yet .. that is based from FS2002 build given in FS2004 and now available for FSX and P3D , best toddle around plane you ever want and it comes directly from your life time stable .
Image
User avatar
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro
 
Topic author
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 5:23 pm
Posts: 41205
Location: AREA 51

Re: FSX install .

Postby emfrat » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:44 pm

I want accurate coastlines, enclosing accurate mesh, with photoscenery landclass complemented by accurate autogen aligned to real road grids.
The only place I can get that in FSX is the VLC/Godzone/NZFF scenery projects.
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

Image
Image
User avatar
emfrat
NZFF Pro
 
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 7:41 pm
Posts: 2266
Location: 50 DME YBBN

Re: FSX install .

Postby Fozzer » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:46 pm

Ian Warren wrote:Being a plane nutter .. add the Warships , add the model building .. add the photo , add the interest course a little passion .. need a little of that then add ... Well Fozz .. gotta ask ya .. do you have that DC-3/C-47 yet .. that is based from FS2002 build given in FS2004 and now available for FSX and P3D , best toddle around plane you ever want and it comes directly from your life time stable .


Ian....

...if it cant land in my back garden, then its far too big for my use!... :wink2: ...!

I use something like this in my Flight Sims...>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bensen_B-8

Land on a Dime...almost!

Not too fond of "Helicopters" tho'.... :unsure: ...they kill you!!

For most/all of my flights I only use the 2D cockpit...or no cockpit at all, for my flights!

...I just view the scenery!... :D ....!

...(Sharon Stone, etc).

Paul.... :lol: ...!
User avatar
Fozzer
Senior Member
 
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:29 pm
Posts: 1871
Location: Hereford, Herefordshire, England

Re: FSX install .

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:49 pm

emfrat wrote:I want accurate coastlines, enclosing accurate mesh, with photoscenery landclass complemented by accurate autogen aligned to real road grids.
The only place I can get that in FSX is the VLC/Godzone/NZFF scenery projects.

STRANGE THAT AYE :) .. Always love my photo real .. If it is not a photo , you could be in 'Timbucktoo' .. were the Bloody ell is that ! ( Just for the smart arse) yeah I know my geography :P
Image
User avatar
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro
 
Topic author
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 5:23 pm
Posts: 41205
Location: AREA 51

Re: FSX install .

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:54 pm

Fozzer wrote:
Ian Warren wrote:Being a plane nutter .. add the Warships , add the model building .. add the photo , add the interest course a little passion .. need a little of that then add ... Well Fozz .. gotta ask ya .. do you have that DC-3/C-47 yet .. that is based from FS2002 build given in FS2004 and now available for FSX and P3D , best toddle around plane you ever want and it comes directly from your life time stable .


Ian....

...if it cant land in my back garden, then its far too big for my use!... :wink2: ...!

I use something like this in my Flight Sims...>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bensen_B-8

Land on a Dime...almost!

Not too fond of "Helicopters" tho'.... :unsure: ...they kill you!!

For most/all of my flights I only use the 2D cockpit...or no cockpit at all, for my flights!

...I just view the scenery!... :D ....!

...(Sharon Stone, etc).

Paul.... :lol: ...!

FOZZ .. Time to stop playing with your Cabbage Patch Doll planes .. get the real McCoy .. photo real cockpit courtesy of 'Air force World Wigram Museum' then add the two great International teams who put it all together ... now that is well worth a serious look ! B-)
Image
User avatar
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro
 
Topic author
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 5:23 pm
Posts: 41205
Location: AREA 51


Return to NZ Scenery Project

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests