FS2 Coromandel update

A forum to share your FS video clips and movies

FS2 Coromandel update

Postby toprob » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:56 pm

I did post some screenshots of a 'cultivated' Coromandel, using a 5 metre mesh. Today I tried using the default 'shrub' vegetation set for 'scrub', I figured if it rhymed, it's a good start... actually it works well, kind of looks like broomey scrub, which is how I represent this dataset in Prepar3d.
Quite a long flight, just with the sound of the engine, so relax with a cup of tea... best on a big screen at 1080 HD. Looks great casted to my 43" TV!

https://youtu.be/W7Md-iwTlXQ

I don't show beyond the coastline, as I need to tidy up the blend to water, and I did see one fault in the mesh, but a promising start for the data we have available.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: FS2 Coromandel update

Postby dbcunnz » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:33 pm

Looking bloody good Rob :thumbup:
OnlineUser avatar
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Postby emfrat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:55 pm

Very nice, Rob. Put me down for one, please. :clap: :thumbup:
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Charl » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:27 pm

Do it... :cheers:
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby MichaelBasler » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:47 am

Excellent, and no doubt this looks much more natural than in the other sims. I would certainly buy it and can augment the surrounding by orthophotos and, perhaps, some cultivation myself. I already made a region of Auckland as a test for myself which doesn't look bad, but the real work starts with the POIs where I lack time and skills.

However, as you mentioned yourself on the AFS2 forum, and I agree to that, the vast majority of users is just not inclined to work with tools like Aeroscenery and Scenproc.

For AeroflyFS2, I think we need some NZ base scenery first, at least for one of the two islands, to make this commercially feasible. Given there istn't much available for AeroflyFS2 yet, such a base scenery should hopefully find the way to its customers.

Kind regards, Michael
MichaelBasler
Forum Addict

Postby jpreou » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:35 am

MichaelBasler wrote:For AeroflyFS2, I think we need some NZ base scenery first...

Exactly right Michael. I'm keeping an eye on FS2 but since I don't fly much and only want to fly NZ, until there is coverage I am unlikely to purchase it (especially since I already have P3D4 and coverage in there).
--
Jeff, ChCh, NZ
jpreou
Sim-holic

Return to FS Videos