Vector LandClass website

Information and support relating to this forthcoming New Zealand Vector Land Class addon.

Vector LandClass website

Postby ZK-LGD » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:00 pm

Anyone know where to obtain VLC now that the website has been closed? :huh:
Regards,
Dorian
ZK-LGD
Sim-holic

Topic author

Re: Vector LandClass website

Postby toprob » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:34 am

Not sure what Tim has in mind for this, but you can always redownload via the old Godzone Store.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby ZK-LGD » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:08 pm

Thanks Robin.

Actually, found a backup copy on an old external drive (along with all the various VLC addons), so no real problem. Just surprised, especially as KiwiGreg71 looks to have just downloaded a copy recently.
Regards,
Dorian
ZK-LGD
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby toprob » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:44 pm

Tim's latest comment on Facebook suggests that the site will be back up and running some time...
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby kiwi55 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:23 pm

Can anyone advise me where I can find a copy of the latest VLC library?
Dave jennings
kiwi55

Postby toprob » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:17 am

Just reminded of this seeing a post on Laurie's old subforum.
I could host the libraries on my site, 'unofficially', anyway. I just need to figure out one thing -- the current Libraries version might not be what people want. These days it includes a few extra things, including SODE support and the bare bones of a custom autogen. There isn't really any NZ freeware which uses these new features, though, the first will probably be the Prepar3d v4 Hokitika which I've been meaning to release...
So it might be a better solution for someone else -- maybe NZFF? -- to host an earlier version which doesn't install the extra tools like SODE and the autogen merger tool. I don't want to host an older version myself, as it kind of complicates things. Currently the only 'active' development of the libraries is to support Godzone/Real NZ scenery, such as Nelson and Dunedin. There will be a minor update for NZCH as well.
So, would the current version be suitable for things like Laurie's scenery? Or are people happy to come to terms with the extra bits and pieces -- the installer is a wee bit more complex than it used to be.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Return to Vector Land Class