SUBs or J7 I need help

A single forum dedicated to all other non Microsoft flight simulation games

SUBs or J7 I need help

Postby Splitpin » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:49 pm

Guys if your looking , Im trying to get the new Spitfire from DCS.
Because I have a hotmail address , I need to clear the Russian domain name as being safe (with hotmail) or i cant buy / download any bloody thing ... not sure when this came into play.

Ive tried adding the " eagle .ru " but HM says its incomplete and blocks it.
Have tried googling the domain name ... but nothing :angry:

This is bs big time on hotmails part , Ive been buying heaps of stuff from this site for months ..... and now this .
If its just because of a .ru , then I'll be more pissed off .
OnlineUser avatar
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: SUBs or J7 I need help

Postby emfrat » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:21 pm

Splitpin wrote:Ive tried adding the " eagle .ru " but HM says its incomplete and blocks it.

Marty, if you really have a space between "eagle" and ".ru", that could be the problem...
ATB
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

OnlineUser avatar
emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Splitpin » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:41 pm

Will give it a try Mike .... cheers.
OnlineUser avatar
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Splitpin » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:00 pm

Didn't work Mike :( I will work on it , maybe Im just super tired and missing something.
OnlineUser avatar
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby emfrat » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:02 pm

:(
MikeW

OnlineUser avatar
emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Dinga » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:10 am

Did you have any success downloading the Spitty Splitpin?I see the forum address is Ru but the buy now part is .com.Not sure why you are not able to get it.Maybe just create a gmail account.
Dinga
Forum Addict

Postby Splitpin » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:01 am

Dinga ... got the mail thing sorted , paid for the Spit .. but now Im having trouble with the download :rolleyes:
It shows up in the modules section , and asks me to start the download ... i have the serial key .. but after 20 or so seconds it stops , with a msg saying "unknown module .
Will keep at it and let you know .
OnlineUser avatar
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Dinga » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:19 pm

Sorry to hear your having hassles with the install.Looked on the website and can not see any one reporting that"unknown module" install error message :unsure: .Keep plugging away mate.You will get to fly the spit yet. :plane:
Dinga
Forum Addict

Postby J7G » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:49 pm

Is your version updated? Also, try running a repair (you can find that through the start button) and then download it. If those don't work I'll see what I can find for you.
J7G
Forum Addict

Postby Dinga » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:16 pm

J7G wrote:Is your version updated? Also, try running a repair (you can find that through the start button) and then download it. If those don't work I'll see what I can find for you.

I think you will find that the spitfire will not be available on the menu screen for download until you update to the latest version.
Dinga
Forum Addict

Postby Splitpin » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:35 pm

J7 and Dinga ... right on the button ... update.
Thanks very much , and sorry for the delay in responding.... thanks again.
OnlineUser avatar
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Dinga » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:34 pm

That's great you got it sorted
Have you had a fly yet .The ground handling is tricky, don't you think and I keep scratching my wing tips after touch down and having a bit of trouble keeping her straight ,keep veering(grond loop) :whoops: of this way and that after landing .Take off is relatively easy compared to landing.Elevator trim is taking ages to get her straight and level to ,bout ten clicks.But then some guy says its landings that is a piece of cake and take offs are tricky lol.Love to know how he is nailing the landings.
Dinga
Forum Addict

Postby Ian Warren » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:13 pm

The old .. "Bumpsy Daisey, make a grown man weep" ;) .... Marty hours on Spitfires .... Well make it 11 :)
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby J7G » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:02 am

Excellent! Hope you enjoy it mate. I might pick it up after Christmas some time. I'm very rarely on DCS these days but she looks a good 'un.
J7G
Forum Addict

Postby Splitpin » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:31 pm

J7G wrote:Excellent! Hope you enjoy it mate. I might pick it up after Christmas some time. I'm very rarely on DCS these days but she looks a good 'un.

Thanks again J7 :thumbup:
OnlineUser avatar
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Splitpin » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:41 pm

Dinga wrote:That's great you got it sorted
Have you had a fly yet .The ground handling is tricky, don't you think and I keep scratching my wing tips after touch down and having a bit of trouble keeping her straight ,keep veering(grond loop) :whoops: of this way and that after landing .Take off is relatively easy compared to landing.Elevator trim is taking ages to get her straight and level to ,bout ten clicks.But then some guy says its landings that is a piece of cake and take offs are tricky lol.Love to know how he is nailing the landings.

Dinga ... Its a real handful.
Lots of sparks from my wing tips as well ... I have list of the important control commands stuck to my monitor ... but still forget something B-)
Once I'm in the air , I'm fine , but when it comes to landing :ph43r: ... ever decreasing bounces , followed by a go around , and then getting too slow on the next approach .... but I love it . :D
OnlineUser avatar
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:52 pm

Ian Warren wrote:The old .. "Bumpsy Daisey, make a grown man weep" ;) .... Marty hours on Spitfires .... Well make it 11 :)

The above quote :D from the "Battle of Britain" Simon landing his Spitfire, a great 10 minutes watch just for that .. name wasn't Marty .. it was Simon :D
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby emfrat » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:16 pm

In 'The Sky Beyond', P G Taylor tells how he got to play for an hour with a Spitfire, out of RAAF Richmond while they were making the film 'Smithy'...

"Down in the circuit, the magic of the high sky stayed only as an impression and a memory. I was setting up another aeroplane for landing.
"But with this free creature I could not think in terms of the familiar transport approach procedure. There could be no 'downwind', 'base leg', 'final approach' with the Spitfire; but only a natural easy curving descent, finally to line her up for landing.
"I watched the smooth green surface of the grass come up to meet her, eased back the stick; power off; she floated a little way , and the Earth received her again."

Now it's your turn :nahnah:
MikeW

OnlineUser avatar
emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Dinga » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:34 pm

emfrat wrote:In 'The Sky Beyond', P G Taylor tells how he got to play for an hour with a Spitfire, out of RAAF Richmond while they were making the film 'Smithy'...

"Down in the circuit, the magic of the high sky stayed only as an impression and a memory. I was setting up another aeroplane for landing.
"But with this free creature I could not think in terms of the familiar transport approach procedure. There could be no 'downwind', 'base leg', 'final approach' with the Spitfire; but only a natural easy curving descent, finally to line her up for landing.
"I watched the smooth green surface of the grass come up to meet her, eased back the stick; power off; she floated a little way , and the Earth received her again."

Now it's your turn :nahnah:

Managed one half decent arrival, bit of rudder dancing as they refer to it over at ed,(twists stick so no actual dancing for me ) along with gentle braking(mashes trigger button) as I roll straight and true down runway. Well That's more or less what happened. :rolleyes:
Dinga
Forum Addict

Postby Splitpin » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:35 pm

:) Your a good man Dinga
OnlineUser avatar
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Next

Return to Other Flight Simulator Games