Alexandra

Information and support relating to this forthcoming New Zealand Vector Land Class addon.

Postby chopper_nut » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:37 pm

Flew into Alex for seemingly the first time today and I'm not sure if this is a VLC thing or not. The problem is the big cliff off the side of the runway and the group of trees right off the end of the runway makes fixed wing approaches..... interesting

Anybody else have this or better, have a solution?
chopper_nut
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Timmo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:34 am

Hmm yeah it looks like the exclude for the default airport polygon isn't working there for some reason (you are seeing the default FSX airport height polygon). I'll whip one up and put it on the website smile.gif
Timmo
NZFF Pro

Postby chopper_nut » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:40 am

Champion. That might take care of the airport placement as well.
Last edited by chopper_nut on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
chopper_nut
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby toprob » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:44 am

Alex is one of the tweaked airfields in the VLC South Island airfield pack.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby chopper_nut » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:46 am

I have that installed... or at least I thought I did.
chopper_nut
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby toprob » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:03 pm

Yes, looking at it closely, I can see the VLC hangar, but the rest looks a little different from mine.
Although come to think of it, I seem to have a church on approach... good for a quick hail Mary on a rough day.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby chopper_nut » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:07 pm

Haha

This is what my top down view looks like. Note the airport doesn't match the 'green' tile. Also trees in amongst the hangers or is that hangers in amongst the trees...
chopper_nut
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby ASHLEE » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:15 pm

chopper_nut wrote:
QUOTE (chopper_nut @ Dec 7 2014,1:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha

This is what my top down view looks like. Note the airport doesn't match the 'green' tile. Also trees in amongst the hangers or is that hangers in amongst the trees...

Hi Chopper Nut
I had a fly over in my loaded VLC of Alex Airport and my copy is clean without the errors you are experiencing. I know the area very well having farmed their for many years and the VLC of Alex surroundings is presented reasonably
well with some exceptions, no river Manuherikia, White cliffs of Dover have vegetation over them etc and as an ex local it will do until a more update version appears. Thanks to the VLC team to give us a presentation.
My VLC is a new load on a new operating system and PC with all the VLC latest updates no other third party scenery installed as yet.
regards Ashlee
ASHLEE

Postby chopper_nut » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Mines a clean install also. Got nothing but VLC installed. Done a search for NZLX and only the VLC files show up.
chopper_nut
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Timmo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:53 pm

Yes it shows on mine too. The tweaked VLC bgl is present and shows correctly in tmfviewer but appears differently in the sim....I think its the exclude polygon (wrong type Robin?)
Timmo
NZFF Pro

Postby ASHLEE » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:40 pm

Timmo wrote:
QUOTE (Timmo @ Dec 7 2014,9:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes it shows on mine too. The tweaked VLC bgl is present and shows correctly in tmfviewer but appears differently in the sim....I think its the exclude polygon (wrong type Robin?)

That's weird you guys as mine is very clean. As I approach the airport from Due east and head due west towards clyde and fly over the hangers can you see the 4gliders parked in their trailers by the hanger with the three
white lines on the roof surrounded in pine tree plantation and a little further over is a watertank stand ??? Area around the hangers and sealed aprion where we park is well defined and clear.
sorry cant help anymore but we must be looking at different down loads in VLC.??????
ASHLEE

Postby emfrat » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:02 pm

As well as the VLC Alexandra, I have an older NZLX by Kade and Ian. Both are installed and active but the Alexandra NZLX.bgl in the KB/IW one is deactivated by renaming to a .bgx.
I have a very prominent corner as chopper_nut shows, but I don't have the trees. That might just be an autogen density thing.
This morning, I disabled the KB/IW one in the Scenery Library, but the cliff was still there.
Then I disabled the VLC cvx file, with no visible change.
Next I disabled APX93480.bgl, and as I expected that affected Gore and Dunedin but it made no diff to NZLX. Don't understand that at all.
I then looked at my barebones default FSX install on another machine, and there was no sign of a cliff in that.
Next, I used ADEX to open the VLC airport in the hope of finding a flatten, airport background or apron which I could modify, to no avail. I don't have ADEX Pro, just the freeware one.
I can live with the cliff, but I think I have tried every trick from the subtle to the big hammer, and nothing seems to work.
I even saved Tim's airport under a different name, but still found nothing I could tamper with - which is probably as it should be...
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

OnlineUser avatar
emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby chopper_nut » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:04 pm

Hmmm very tricky
chopper_nut
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby ASHLEE » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:30 am

chopper_nut wrote:
QUOTE (chopper_nut @ Dec 7 2014,11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm very tricky

That approach to runway 32 is wrong the table is not smoothed out as in my profile, yes Alex airport is on a table but your VLC profile is not right its extreme and far to pronounced and too high.
I also notice that where that first hanger is and those random trees are that there is a small plane parked by that hanger , I do not have that. Also I have fences around the airport.
I hope that may help you to identify what the issue is.
ASHLEE

Postby Timmo » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:08 pm

Just a heads up- My laptop died a week ago (and my desktop, while running isn't showing anything on screen) so it may take me a while to get everything re-installed and up and running.
Timmo
NZFF Pro

Postby chopper_nut » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:09 pm

Timmo wrote:
QUOTE (Timmo @ Dec 20 2014,2:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a heads up- My laptop died a week ago (and my desktop, while running isn't showing anything on screen) so it may take me a while to get everything re-installed and up and running.

All good mate, no rush
chopper_nut
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Return to Vector Land Class