SimAddicts Anonymous

A place to converse about the general aspects of flight simulation in New Zealand

Postby Kamoflarj » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:27 pm

omitchell wrote:
QUOTE (omitchell @ Jul 21 2014,8:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I'm Owen and I'm an alcoh... Oh wait that's my other group rolleyes.gif

Time for another tequila, sir smile.gif

Ian Warren wrote:
QUOTE (Ian Warren @ Jul 21 2014,7:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On your return trip from the Canterbury Aero Club on Saturday, stop in at the Riccarton Racecourse with your Kamo, you may meet a few FS drivers cool.gif

Riccarton racecourse, is too long of a landing strip for me. Maybe riccarton mall parking would be more suitable.
Kamoflarj

Postby Ian Warren » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:32 pm

omitchell wrote:
QUOTE (omitchell @ Jul 21 2014,9:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I'm Owen and I'm an alcoh... Oh wait that's my other group rolleyes.gif

Wrong city boy O , this is something away from your group, Camo for the tanks , only aloud in with security pass , we will see in a few days after the showing .

Kamoflarj wrote:
QUOTE (Kamoflarj @ Jul 21 2014,9:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Riccarton racecourse, is too long of a landing strip for me. Maybe riccarton mall parking would be more suitable.

Funny , I run the track long ways back twice .. run there and run home .. so next time you are driving in your Helicopter , stop in around Church Corner and pick me up.
Last edited by Ian Warren on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Bolizavusrex » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:45 pm

Hi Everyone!
It is really nice to be here - I love New Zealand - the views are amazing winkyy.gif
Bolizavusrex

Postby dbcunnz » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:02 pm

Welcome to NZFF Slawomir if its to do with flightsimming you will find almost anything on here any problems someone here can usually solve it and you will find us a very friendly lot.

You might want to join in some of the multiplays around NZ with some of the members here biggrin.gif
OnlineUser avatar
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:54 pm

Bolizavusrex wrote:
QUOTE (Bolizavusrex @ Sep 30 2014,9:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Everyone!
It is really nice to be here - I love New Zealand - the views are amazing winkyy.gif

Welcome chap .. Oh boy , as Doug said and the amount of places you can virtually visit cool.gif
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby maceotago » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:01 am

Hi All,

Introduced to the forum by Deeknow. I've been simming since 2001, live in Auckland, done about 70 hours real time flying.

I enjoy everything from a low and slow GA flight through to heavies.

Good to be here, see you in the skies!
maceotago

Postby Ian Warren » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:51 am

Hi ya Maceotago, Welcome to NZFF, what only 70 hours biggrin.gif , being your fly time hour clocking here, really hour I'm guessing Ardmore.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby deeknow » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:08 am

Jeeze, about time dude !!! Welcome to NZFF MO smile.gif
Deans repaints: http://www.deeknow.com/
X570 Mini-ITX m/b - Ryzen5 3600 (6c/12t) - RTX 2060-super - 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 - Win10 - P3Dv5
deeknow
NZFF Pro

Postby maceotago » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:40 am

Ian Warren wrote:
QUOTE (Ian Warren @ Oct 27 2014,9:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi ya Maceotago, Welcome to NZFF, what only 70 hours biggrin.gif , being your fly time hour clocking here, really hour I'm guessing Ardmore.

Actually did my training out of Dunedin Airport back in the early 2000's. Had a couple of flights out of Ardmore but don't do much real flying anymore at all.
maceotago

Postby Ian Warren » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:48 am

maceotago wrote:
QUOTE (maceotago @ Oct 28 2014,8:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Had a couple of flights out of Ardmore but don't do much real flying anymore at all.

One thing I did quiet a bit was simply hire a plane but after they closed Wigram down seemed to get less and less ... after all, saved the moneys, all my glider time was also Wigram only.
Last edited by Ian Warren on Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby maceotago » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:37 am

Ian Warren wrote:
QUOTE (Ian Warren @ Oct 28 2014,8:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One thing I did quiet a bit was simply hire a plane but after they closed Wigram down seemed to get less and less ... after all, saved the moneys, all my glider time was also Wigram only.

Nice! I've never flown a glider but it looks like fun.
maceotago

Postby harold » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:37 pm

Hi, names Harold and I have been a Gold Card holder for 3 years.
did 48 years in the RNZAF and still with Defence as a civilian.
Been simming for around five years and love it. My main frames are A2A127 (for my make believe PPL syllabus) and Carenado and F1 B200 for all my instrument training
(son was an RNZAF flying instructor and now is with ANZ so he is my training captain, mentor and does it for real)
I have purchased some hardware, all SAITEK yoke, one throttle quadrant, multi panel, com nav panel and rudders.
(Got the switch panel and another quadrant to go). They are brilliant when they work but I am still figuring out settings and things and the auto pilot is the most
challenging to get right.

they do add so much to the experience though. I subscribe to PC Pilot Magazine (got to be the best training manual) and missed the recent Flight Sim convention in the UK by a week !!
I need to spend more time on this forum, great to see this hobby is taking of in NZ. Congrats and thanks to all you who make this forum / web site happen well done and you do an excellent job.
Happy to take out a paid subscription if that is available.

sorry about the book !!

take care out there

Harold
Whitby
Wellington plane.gif
harold

Postby Splitpin » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:31 pm

Welcome aboard sir , looking forward to your input , welcome again.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:03 pm

harold wrote:
QUOTE (harold @ Oct 28 2014,8:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, names Harold and I have been a Gold Card holder for 3 years.
did 48 years in the RNZAF and still with Defence as a civilian.

Harold
Whitby
Wellington plane.gif

Hi ya Harold, Just for your interest we still do MPs , it was a pain in the butt when 'Gamespy' was decided to be shutdown but we still do regular MP's via using my IP address normally, so with that , contact me personal message/addie , we can get you floating around in the background again in your default Beechcraft.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby deeknow » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:23 pm

Greets Harold, welcome to the NZFF family.
Unlike you I have yet to get around to buying Yoke/Pedals, I really must get my xmas wish-list in with the missus smile.gif
Deans repaints: http://www.deeknow.com/
X570 Mini-ITX m/b - Ryzen5 3600 (6c/12t) - RTX 2060-super - 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 - Win10 - P3Dv5
deeknow
NZFF Pro

Postby harold » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:01 am

Ian Warren wrote:
QUOTE (Ian Warren @ Oct 28 2014,10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi ya Harold, Just for your interest we still do MPs , it was a pain in the butt when 'Gamespy' was decided to be shutdown but we still do regular MP's via using my IP address normally, so with that , contact me personal message/addie , we can get you floating around in the background again in your default Beechcraft.

Thanks Ian, that is good to know? Son and I use a couple of servers in the UK (so we are in a daylight time zone together)
I am not yet retired and work a pretty full day , that plus domestics and other activities, not a lot of spare time however I am making an effort to enjoy this hobby and active environment
Kindest regards
Harold
harold

Postby Ian Warren » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:52 am

Harold , I'll PM you with my IP address, 95% I run the the multi-play so when you see things up and running your more than welcome to join in thumbup1.gif
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Re: SimAddicts Anonymous

Postby Zerohedge » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi,

My name is Tapio, nice to meet you all. Originally from Finland, I have lived in Auckland for 6 years now.

I used to fly gliders a little some 10-15 years ago back home. I also used to toy around with military simulators/games such as Su-27, A-10 Cuba, Hornet - Korea and such around that time, with a bit more time spent with LOMAC and Il-2 Sturmovik later.

I haven't flown any simulators in a long time as I didn't have a desktop PC here in NZ. I finally got one last winter and recently acquired the wife's approval for an X-55 HOTAS set, which arrived through Amazon last week. A friend of mine got himself the X-55 at the same time, so we have been flying together a bit.

The intention is to primarily fly DCS World to start with, which I realise isn't the primary platform here, however I figured you might let me in anyway...perhaps I'll find a discounted SFX from Steam one of these days, who knows.

In the meantime I'll be learning the ropes of DCS with the Su-25T with my friend before graduating onto the full-fidelity A-10C and Ka-50 (both of which we already went and bought). If anyone happens to be running / joining a DCS server at NZ evening times let me know! It would be nice to fly with other kiwis.

Safe Landings,

Tapio
Zerohedge

Postby Ian Warren » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi ya Tapio 'Zerohedge' I like that :D must have something to do with your flying :) , Welcome to NZFF, I do Know we have avid DCS group here , they will be pleased to have another to join the ranks. We also get many from Finland stopping , guess they will come in and make you home sick.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby deeknow » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:15 pm

Welcome to NZ Tapio :cheers:
The HOTAS sounds wicked, would like one myself but need to save up some $$$
deeknow
NZFF Pro

PreviousNext

Return to General