P3D

A forum specifically to discuss the latest and greatest of all flight simulators

Postby MichaelBasler » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:56 pm

Robin,

I promise you to buy Wellington or what else you've to offer for P3D2 on day 1. ORBX NCA under P3D2 looks nothing but wonderful, even that dated AUS does. Usually, there are no OOMs, as long as you set the vegetation autogen slider to normal (I even use dense). Obviously that patch would have needed better beta testing (they'd better have you on board, wouldn't they?), but I am sure they'll correct this soon. They have to.

Kind regards, Michael
MichaelBasler
Forum Addict

Postby toprob » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:34 pm

Lockheed Martin have released the gauges 'hotfix', and it works! Only tried the B1900D, but all the gauges/switches work again. Flew Christchurch -- Nelson without an OOM, so diverted straight on to Hokitika. Beautiful flight, landed just after sunset.

NOW I'd recommend P3D.

Last edited by toprob on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:01 pm

That dose look good, I'm going to setup a camera view looking at P3D in a simulator next week .. least that the plan smile.gif
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby toprob » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:25 pm

Now that even the patch is patched, it would be the ideal time for that get-together, especially at the moment with my flatmate away for a couple of weeks...
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:35 pm

toprob wrote:
QUOTE (toprob @ Feb 28 2014,7:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it would be the ideal time for that get-together, especially at the moment with my flatmate away for a couple of weeks...

cheers1.gif Lads , boys and girls Party at Robs place groupwave.gif ........... guys follow me
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby AdrianPetford » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:54 am

Wish I could join you guys... cheers1.gif cheers1.gif cheers1.gif

... but I'll just have to make do with working gauges, properly retracting undercarriages and improved virtual address space management! laugh.gif

Top work by LM on the hotfix and their communication with the community is second to none thumbup1.gif
Last edited by AdrianPetford on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adrian Petford
West Midlands, UK

I spend eleven months of the year in the UK and one in NZ. I'm hoping to improve that... ;-)
AdrianPetford
Sim-holic

Postby Kelvinr » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:17 am

Are you around Auckland, Rob?
--------------------------------------
Kelvinr
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:21 am

Kelvinr wrote:
QUOTE (Kelvinr @ Mar 1 2014,9:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah, just over the hill here in Christchurch, little place call Lyttleton winkyy.gif
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby toprob » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:23 am

AdrianPetford wrote:
QUOTE (AdrianPetford @ Mar 1 2014,6:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wish I could join you guys...

... but I'll just have to make do with working gauges, properly retracting undercarriages and improved virtual address space management! :lol:

Top work by LM on the hotfix and their communication with the community is second to none :thumbup:

And I was thinking of cutting out the compulsory hike around Lyttelton this time around...

Kelvinr wrote:
QUOTE (Kelvinr @ Mar 1 2014,9:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As Ian said, no, I'm slightly south of the Bombay hills.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:55 am

toprob wrote:
QUOTE (toprob @ Mar 1 2014,11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I was thinking of cutting out the compulsory hike around Lyttelton this time around...

Indeed, don't want to go there again blink.gif
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Kelvinr » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:29 am

Ah, ok, well unless it's north or slightly south of the Bombay hills here in Auckland then i'll have to be there in spirit wink.gif
--------------------------------------
Kelvinr
Sim-holic

Postby AdrianPetford » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:07 am

toprob wrote:
QUOTE (toprob @ Feb 28 2014,10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif

A great pity I never got the chance to visit you pre-quake. Hopefully things will be looking a bit better in Lyttelton next time around.

Ian Warren wrote:
QUOTE (Ian Warren @ Feb 28 2014,10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indeed, don't want to go there again blink.gif

That was a great day, one of the best of my last trip over in fact and the unfortunate aspects of it didn't overshadow things at all. thumbup1.gif

Hope we can do it again soon. I would like to come over again this year but even though I have two teaching contracts now and a third about to be confirmed, a lot of my courses end up being cancelled due to low numbers so I'm still not earning a lot. Things seem to be on an upturn again now though so we will see how next term goes.

Ade
Adrian Petford
West Midlands, UK

I spend eleven months of the year in the UK and one in NZ. I'm hoping to improve that... ;-)
AdrianPetford
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:14 am

AdrianPetford wrote:
QUOTE (AdrianPetford @ Mar 2 2014,11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hope we can do it again soon. I would like to come over again this year but even though I have two teaching contracts now and a third about to be confirmed, a lot of my courses end up being cancelled due to low numbers so I'm still not earning a lot. Things seem to be on an upturn again now though so we will see how next term goes.

Think the entire populous have moved and people are looking for work, maybe change, pick up your Mum and head for the New Zealand Shores smile.gif Teachers and IT industry has been stable ... tho I could not handle a class ... or maybe I could ?
Last edited by Ian Warren on Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby AdrianPetford » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:53 am

Ian Warren wrote:
QUOTE (Ian Warren @ Mar 1 2014,11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Think the entire populous have moved and people are looking for work, maybe change, pick up your Mum and head for the New Zealand Shores smile.gif Teachers and IT industry has been stable ... tho I could not handle a class ... or maybe I could ?

thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif

It is my ultimate plan to scope for work in NZ but I need to get fully qualified first (which will be in just over a year's time). Then we will see what happens. Ideally I'd like to spend six months a year in NZ and six months here, thus avoiding both the southern and northern winters! laugh.gif
Adrian Petford
West Midlands, UK

AdrianPetford
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:49 am

AdrianPetford wrote:
QUOTE (AdrianPetford @ Mar 3 2014,7:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif

It is my ultimate plan to scope for work in NZ but I need to get fully qualified first (which will be in just over a year's time). Then we will see what happens. Ideally I'd like to spend six months a year in NZ and six months here, thus avoiding both the southern and northern winters! laugh.gif

Hmm not a bad idea, ... evening summer I feel the cold, I need another computer to warm the place up biggrin.gif , tho many who visit say is like an oven in here cool.gif
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Previous

Return to All Flight Simulators