What about going freeware, then?

Formerly Red Baron Entertainment's official support forum

Postby Charl » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:19 pm

I don't know what the deal was with (then) LINZ about the mesh data.
But there is still interest out there for the FS2004 mesh and topo for NZ, apparently no longer available as a payware item.

Robin has graciously made his sceneries freeware for FS9, and incidentally made a thousand or so FS9ers very happy!

All they need is a freeware offering to sit on...
Charl
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:20 am

No sign of Christian for years now , people have even tried to contact him , pm and email without reply , i would be ideal .
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby ZK-LGD » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:16 pm

If memory serves, the 75m Mesh is/was freeware and was usually supplied as a component of Robin's FS9 Godzone payware sceneries. What's the legality/morality of uploading this to a server?

Edit: Christian's NZ Seasons Scenery (nzs.zip for FS2002 available at Flightsim.com) is the same one used in NZ Topo, and the FS9 NZ LandClass was definitely freeware.
Last edited by ZK-LGD on Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Dorian
ZK-LGD
Sim-holic

Postby ematheson » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:21 am

That would be nice. I did try to bring this up in the VLC forum about a year ago - and I don't recall that anyone at that time was able to reach him. Seems the last time he came here was back in October of 2012...
I've downloaded a boatload of GIS data on shorelines and roads of NZ, but I'm stuck fast trying to get that into FS9 for two reasons: I've got more homework for my classes than I know what to do with, so I've no time for FS development work AND I really haven't discovered a workable method for trimming the shapefiles and exporting them as FS9 vector data...

So, I'd love it if it were possible to use the RBE scenery - that would make things much easier, not to mention make Robins photoscenery fit better...
ematheson

Re: What about going freeware, then?

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:51 pm

Today going thru many files and scenery, Cook Islands FS9 and the FSX patch, I have contacted Christian again today with NO reply from 18 months back ... think scenery is aging like a Wine spose.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Return to Sim Pilot Experience Support