Plane Spotters Intelligence

A separate section for photographers to upload and comment on everything from amateur plane spotting images to professional air to air shots.

Postby pois0n » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:05 pm

d3fai13r wrote:
QUOTE (d3fai13r @ Feb 5 2009, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone get info about CHC? Really interested in positions for taking photos between 9am to 3 pm

What day will you be in CHC? Might be able to help you out ninja.gif
pois0n

Postby d3fai13r » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:22 pm

Probably 24th and i also would like to take photos and a ride on tram))))
d3fai13r
Forum Addict

Postby Chairman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:20 am

I just realised that Dairy Flat is a heck of a lot closer to home than Ardmore. Anyone know what the spotting possibilities are like there ?

Gary
The above post is in the public domain and is guaranteed by the manufacturer to contain no references to anything illegal or discussion of piracy, although this signature may contain traces of nuts.
Chairman
Sim-holic

Postby redkiwi » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:48 pm

Chairman wrote:
QUOTE (Chairman @ Sep 23 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just realised that Dairy Flat is a heck of a lot closer to home than Ardmore. Anyone know what the spotting possibilities are like there ?

Gary

Depends how busy it is. You get a good view down the runway from the Postman Road, but if you talk nicely to the folks at the aeroclub I'm sure they'll let you take pics from the 'airside' of the aeroclub building. Wilks Road is another alternative but it'd be hard knowing where to stand to get a good view unless the circuit is fairly busy. It's mostly training aircraft with the occasional Islander and Caravan from Great Barrier and Salt Air.

http://maps.google.co.nz/?ie=UTF8&ll=-...mp;t=h&z=17
redkiwi
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to New Zealand Aviation Photography