Airport Stopovers

The official Forum for the GNZLAP and Charl's other NZ AI addons

Postby Charl » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:29 pm

I'm enjoying FS more than ever, after an enforced break, so am stopping in at all my favourite airports.
Most of these are listed herefor downloading. The RealNZ sceneries are payware from http://www.windowlight.co.nz/

Peter Lohr's NZQN, Aeroworx King Air and a couple of GNZLAP visitors

This was the first time I've fired up the sim for a real play, in weeks. I installed VOZ AI and had a look at RealNZ Rotorua.
OK it ate my default Baron and did a couple of other things, but this is GREAT!
It is the perfect complement to GNZLAP.
There was a real feeling of buzz around this airport, over at Skydive there's an Aztec, off screen left a couple of Cessna's parked up, and a Skyhawk doing TNG's on the grass.
I hope those guys can get this sorted, this is brilliant, NZ is headed for the best simming exprience in the world.

Last edited by Charl on Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charl
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Charl » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:14 am

...New Plymouth

user posted image

Seen that Baron at Tauranga, it sure gets around. And an Ardmore Cessna? What's Ian been up to?
Charl
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Alex » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:01 pm

Looking good there Charl, it would be nice to see a pic of every airport you visit :D .

Alex
Alex
NZFF Pro

Postby Charl » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:15 pm

Yeah, I'm on a roll here...
Taupo, and one of only 2 Lake Renegades in NZ, ZK-DNK meets a Bay Flight Cessna going home.

user posted image

...and of course not being confined to one airport, drops in for a drag race at Taupo Float Base

user posted image

No contest, Cessna's were never designed to have boats hanging off the landing gear :lol:

user posted image
Last edited by Charl on Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charl
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Muppet » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:19 pm

Cool shots, I like how the Cessnas do cross countries and aren't just confined to the circuit at their respective AD's. :) Where do the Real Journey's BN-2's fly to Charl? I'm hoping Milford as thats most of what they do IRL.
Muppet

Postby FlyingKiwi » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:41 pm

Some awesome AI there, it's always great to see the virtual skies "come alive" so to speak.
FlyingKiwi

Postby Mike M » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:28 pm

Great shots

Its good to see the NZ skies are not so lonely anymore.
VANZ NZ190
FTG QF654
Check out my photos at Jetphotos.net
user posted image
Mike M

Postby Codge » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:42 pm

I agree whole-heartedly with Muppet about AI at Milford Sound. I sure am looking foward to that release Charl!
With the GNZLAP and VOZ together we now have the right amount of AI to share our virtual skies with. When I say 'right' amount I don't mean 'correct as in real life' amount, I mean right for FS. It sure would be great if aeroplanes and Helo's were as affordable as our AI suggests!
NZ Scenery will have a Milford Sound release one day and will be well worth waiting for if Queenstown and Mt Cook are anything to go by. Milford is my default airfield and now I've downloaded the new Eurocopter135 from AVSIM or was it Flightsim.com?,one of those anyway and yes it is very nice even tho it is a Police chopper, I suppose I'll do virtual cannabis recovery work and risk being shot at as well as SAR work. It handles really nicely. Also the new Piaggio 149 trainer is worth getting too,and don't forget the fix as well which is a different wee file to get.
Lastly,yes I know I really should have made my comments about the 2 aircraft in the Aircraft thread, but I just wanted to say Great screenshots you guys!
Last edited by Codge on Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 wrongs don't make a right but 2 Wrights made an aeroplane!
Codge
Forum Addict

Postby Charl » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Where do the Real Journey's BN-2's fly to Charl? I'm hoping Milford

Well, I don't know if you've noticed, but the main selling point of GNZLAP is it's authentic, as far as possible.
Here's an example: Great Barrier flies a schedule, and that's reflected in the flightplans here.
But it also does selected charters, and you'll get some real-world charter flights happening as well!
So rest assured, Milford will get the treatment. It's next but one on the release list.

But back to the airport whistle-stop, here's Ardmore, (one of the airports in Rob Diebold's recompilation called Auckland Airports For "Real NZ Auckland City", available at AVSIM) and Trolly's favourite old Warbirds Dak.

Ardmore's actually difficult to blanket because it's so spread out, but there are clumps of AI here and there.
Steve Jenks did a fine crop of Ardmore Cessna's I reckon.

And Adrie van Dijk's C152 in black and yellow has turned up in the background too, from Whakatane
Last edited by Charl on Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charl
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Charl » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:12 am

Robin Corn sent me this pic to help with AI placing at Tauranga (NZTG from RealNZ http://www.windowlight.co.nz/)

...which helped for this screenshot, except ZK-KID wouldn't hang about.
You can tell it's not real because Robin stuffed up the planting of the 4th tree next to the road

Just enough time to nip round front with local spotter TECT and catch the departing Cessna.
VOZ AI as ever present , and there's that Baron again!

Last edited by Charl on Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charl
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:29 am

Charl , Great Screenie and photo , had 2 look twice :unsure: now thats REALNZ! B)
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby ardypilot » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:20 pm

Wow, these screenshots have 100% convinced me to splash out and buy the HTAI payware model set.

What you have created Charl is unlike anything I have ever seen- and so bloody realistic.

If I had to make a choice, I'd rather disable all the UltimateTraffic airliner traffic and only have your GNZLAP filling my skies :D
ardypilot
NZFF Pro

Postby ardypilot » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:40 am

Here are a few I just snapped at NZTG:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
ardypilot
NZFF Pro

Postby toprob » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:15 pm

Charl wrote: You can tell it's not real because Robin stuffed up the planting of the 4th tree next to the road  :P

...not to mention the street lights are on the wrong side of the road. This was pointed out when I visited Tauranga last week. I do plan to make some additions to the scenery for Flight Experience in Tauranga.
By the way, Charl, the Bayflight fleet don't park there now -- they're all on the little concrete pads, one of which you can see in your screenshot at the right edge. One change I need to make for Flight Experience is to put them all in their proper place, as they each have little name tags on the fence-posts.
user posted image
Last edited by toprob on Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Charl » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:19 pm

Trolly your last shot is very original!
I love stuff that gets better and better the better you kow it, and RealNZ NZTG is one of them for sure.
Last edited by Charl on Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charl
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Snowman » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:41 pm

This is the Sunny Bay of Plenty, Charl,.....does'nt get "boggy" here :P :D

Snowman
NZFF Pro

Postby Charl » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:02 pm

the Bayflight fleet don't park there now -- they're all on the little concrete pads
By gum he's right!
does'nt get "boggy" here
(Switches on Real World Weather) Yeah that's right they built those little concrete pads so the planes could shade them from the hot Tauranga sun!

user posted image
Charl
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Snowman » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:28 pm

Ididnt say it didnt rain,here,...it does, just doesnt get "boggy". Big difference :P

Snowman
NZFF Pro

Postby ardypilot » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:39 pm

does'nt get "boggy" here

user posted image
ardypilot
NZFF Pro

Postby Snowman » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:45 pm

Snowman wrote: Ididnt say it didnt rain,here,...it does, just doesnt get "boggy". Big difference :P

Trolley,..re-read it, i said "IT DOES" rain here

Snowman
NZFF Pro

Next

Return to New Zealand AI Projects