Vacancy: Screencomp Administrator

Post and comment on screen captures from the beautiful game here. Home of the monthly screenshot competition

Re: Vacancy: Screencomp Administrator

Postby chopper_nut » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:14 pm

Seems to be a few more entries this time around... I’d be up for running it but I’ve only got mobile internet here. Just started a new job in the middle of nowhere (details to come)
chopper_nut
NZFF Pro

Postby Adamski » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:21 pm

"It's not over until the fat lady sings" (or how to annoy both size-ists and feminists)!

Charl has sponsored a One-off Special for a September Screencomp.

Many thanks, Charl!

Adam.
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby K5054NZ » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:22 pm

I've been approached and been made aware of the vacancy, as kind as that gesture was I'm simply not involved enough ad can't promise I'd give the role the attention it deserves. I've not had any form of sim installed for quite some time, am unlikely to in the future, and visit the forum maybe twice a year just to see what's happening with new aircraft add-ons.

opefully the September Screenshot Spectacular gives the comp the shot in the arm it needs B-)
K5054NZ

Postby AhunterG » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:54 am

I think what the comp needs is regular promotion.

Strike a deal with FSElite or another reputable and consistent news source (Froogle comes to mind but would probably need a bit of arm twisting) where they do a post or two each month bringing attention to the comp and the prize available.

The next big thing I think is to have the actual developers of that month's prize promote the comp on their social media or newsletter!

If that's not enough to draw new people in, the next thing I believe that needs consideration is the concept around a theme. Although interesting, the theme can be quite restrictive and challenging to fulfill. ORBX keeps it pretty simple in that the screenshot must be within/of an ORBX product, pretty straightforward for a majority of simmers.

Personally, as a young simmer things have been fairly busy of recent. I have gradually gone from very little to no work, to working most days in a week. It does leave the weekends free but having spent most of the week inside it is nice to enjoy a bit of nature!

Andrew
AhunterG

Postby Adamski » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:34 am

Well ... that's it, folks ... the fat lady has sung. Sadly, August 2018 was the last comp I was organising.

We have one month to sort things out while Charl's September Special runs. After that, if no-one volunteers, it'll be well and truly "game over".

It really is to late to discuss rules at this stage. Much of it has been said many times before, in any case. We really need someone to step up and *do* the thing, or that will be the end of the comp ... after 12 years.

Both Doug and I would be more than happy to help out any budding admins.

Adam.
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Charl » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:57 pm

Well you did a fine job.. I've seen a few SS comps and the NZFF one is one of the slickest around.
So thanks to the selfless ones over the years who organised it all.

RW intrudes so I will assemble something by next week, and with the Outgoing SS Manager's kind assistance, will set up the Almost All of September Screenshot Competition.
Charl
NZFF Pro

Previous

Return to Screenshots