The competition is now open!
NOTE: We now have TWO VOTES (one in each of TWO POLLS):
1) Visual Appeal: the winner gets their image displayed as a banner for the following month.
2) Relevance to the Theme: the winner gets the sponsored prize and sets the theme for the next screencomp.
The two votes can go to the same entry or to different ones.
The December theme, chosen by SeanTK, winner of the October (theme) competition is:
"Floats or Skis"
An *easy one* this time! It's the run-up to Christmas - which can mean different things, depending on where you live: skis for the northern hemisphere, but floats for midsummer fun in the southern hemisphere. If you have any theme-related queries, send SeanTK a PM!
As it's the last competition of 2017, we should remember all the sponsors that have so generously supported us throughout the year. These include:
A2A, Alabeo, Flight1, Flysimware, Carenado, Milviz, JustFlight and Captain Sim.
They have all been willing, friendly and helpful. Many thanks.
|This month's competition is kindly sponsored by Flysimware and the winner will receive a download of their choice from their excellent product line.|
Images can be submitted up until midnight Sunday 31st December.
Images can be edited up until 11pm Thursday 31st December.
Voting runs from Monday 1st January up until midnight Friday 5th January.
Please read the rules below: if you have any queries, please PM Comp Admin for clarification **before posting your entry**.
- Entry (and voting) for the competition is open to all registered NZFF members.
- The screenshot image must consist of a screen captured from a flight simulator program (FS2004, FSX, P3D, X-plane, Aerofly, DCS/IL-2, War Thunder etc.).
- Some editing is allowed: additional images can be added (either real or other screenshots), but the main component of the image should always be from a flight sim.
- The images can be jpg or png and must be EXACTLY 1280px wide (any depth).
- Though "visual appeal" is all about the complete screenshot image, bear in mind that (if it wins that poll), the final banner crops to around 1200px * 380px (max) - which is quite a narrow letter-box shape - so try to compose your shot so as not to lose areas of high interest.
- No frames or text on the image.
- Keep the original uncompressed/high resolution version (BMP or TIFF) saved on your PC - admin may request it from you at the end of the month to convert into a site banner!
- DCS users may want to look at these tips.
SUBMITTING AN ENTRY
- Please post all screenshot/entries here - in this topic.
- Only one entry/single image per member is allowed.
- Images can changed any time up until 1 hour before the closing time: use the "edit" button at the top of the original post, delete the old image link and replace it with the new one.
- If possible, please add details of the aircraft depicted and general scenery/location information.
- After the competition entry deadline, all registered NZFF members may cast TWO votes: one for visual appeal and one for relevance to the theme.
The two votes can both go to the same entry or to different ones - but please vote in BOTH polls.
- Entrants may not vote on their own screenshots (!).
- Voting runs for five days after the entry deadline.
- The winner in the "visual appeal" poll will have a cropped version of their image posted as the NZFF banner for the following month.
- The winner in the "relevance" poll receives the prize from the designated sponsor and gets to suggest a theme for the next screencomp.
- It's customary for the winner of the sponsored prize to put up an appreciative "thank you" post with pics of the prize and maybe a short review.
That's it, folks - get snapping!