The competition is now open!
NOTE: We now have TWO VOTES (one in each of TWO POLLS): One in the *visual appeal* poll and one in the *relevance* to the theme poll.
The two votes can go to the same entry or to different ones.
The winner in the "relevance" poll gets the sponsored prize and gets to suggest a theme for the October screencomp, whilst the winner in the "visual appeal" poll gets to have their banner displayed throughout September.
The August theme is: "On the edge!" ... chosen by SonnyJ (winner of the June competition) - if you have any theme-related queries, send him a PM!
This month's competition is kindly sponsored by Captain Sim. The winner will receive a download of their choice from the excellent Captain Sim product range.
Images can be submitted up until midnight Thursday 31st August.
Images can be edited up until 11pm Thursday 31st August.
Voting runs from Friday 1st September up until midnight Saturday 5th September.
Please read the rules below: if you have any queries, please PM Comp Admin for clarification **before posting your entry**.
- Entry (and voting) for the competition is open to all registered NZFF members.
- The screenshot image must consist of a screen captured from a flight simulator program (FS2004, FSX, P3D, X-plane, DCS/IL-2 or War Thunder).
- Some editing is allowed: additional images can be added (either real or other screenshots), but the main component of the image should always be from a flight sim.
- The images can be jpg or png and must be EXACTLY 1280px wide (any depth).
- Though "visual appeal" is all about the complete screenshot image, bear in mind that (if it wins that poll), the final banner crops to around 1200px * 380px (max) - which is quite a narrow letter-box shape - so try to compose your shot so as not to lose areas of high interest.
- No frames or text on the image.
- Keep the original uncompressed/high resolution version (BMP or TIFF) saved on your PC - admin may request it from you at the end of the month to convert into a site banner!
- DCS users may want to look at these tips.
SUBMITTING AN ENTRY
- Please post all screenshot/entries here - in this topic.
- Only one entry/single image per member is allowed.
- Images can changed any time up until 1 hour before the closing time: use the "edit" button at the top of the original post, delete the old image link and replace it with the new one.
- If possible, please add details of the aircraft depicted and general scenery/location information.
- After the competition entry deadline, all registered NZFF members may cast TWO votes: one for visual appeal and one for relevance to the theme.
The two votes can both go to the same entry or to different ones - but you must vote in BOTH polls.
- Entrants may not vote on their own screenshots (!).
- Voting runs for five days after the entry deadline.
- The winner in the "relevance" poll receives the prize from the designated sponsor and gets to suggest a theme for the next screencomp.
- The winner in the "visual appeal" poll will have a cropped version of their image posted as the NZFF banner for the following month.
That's it, folks - get snapping!