Screenshot Comp discussion

Post and comment on screen captures from the beautiful game here. Home of the monthly screenshot competition

Re: The NZFF July 2016 Screenshot Competition is now Open

Postby toprob » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:12 pm

Splitpin wrote:Good God ...... just post a bloody screen! :angry:

Yeah, a lot of scrolling and not a lot of entries so far....

I don't know if it was NZFF, but I remember a discussion about separating the comments from the screenshot thread -- maybe we could have a 'current screenshot comp comments' thread opened when the screenshot comp opens, to make it less... messy.
OnlineUser avatar
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:31 pm

toprob wrote:
Splitpin wrote:Good God ...... just post a bloody screen! :angry:

Yeah, a lot of scrolling and not a lot of entries so far....

I don't know if it was NZFF, but I remember a discussion about separating the comments from the screenshot thread -- maybe we could have a 'current screenshot comp comments' thread opened when the screenshot comp opens, to make it less... messy.

In a way .. you have to a nurture formula, the people that continue here are the sticklers ... HELL'S the travelers that have stopped here from all over the country, five have stayed here over the time, .....wouldn't put a entire family here ... a One .. thing is the amount off people rejected or incensed by rule and regulations , YIP gotta have them, but not at the expense of our primary members, I really have a good memory and recall names like dates in history .. So many Many people who left ... and I'm Left Handed .

Remove the Chat about the Screen :rolleyes: .. Were is my right hand foot , .... One off the best interactive thing is keeping chat .. that is what a forum is for, ... some reason I'm always the one to jump into the bucket and plop ideas .. appears I'm am good at it .
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby emfrat » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:41 pm

dbcunnz wrote:You don't have to fly a glider to enter a good screen just fly your GA aircraft and place it in a good position for a screen grab and change from your GA to a glider grab you pic and you have a good pic for the comp it doesn't matter if you loose control of your glider after you have your pic we won't see that. :D

I know, Doug, but to me that's like cheating. I would rather do it "properly" :wink2:
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Fozzer » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:52 pm

emfrat wrote:
dbcunnz wrote:You don't have to fly a glider to enter a good screen just fly your GA aircraft and place it in a good position for a screen grab and change from your GA to a glider grab you pic and you have a good pic for the comp it doesn't matter if you loose control of your glider after you have your pic we won't see that. :D

I know, Doug, but to me that's like cheating. I would rather do it "properly" :wink2:

I love cheating!..... :nahnah: ..!

It means I don't get to die after doing something silly....

....and I get to see my screen shot!

Paul...with Infinite Lives!.... :D ...!
Fozzer
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:11 pm

:D Cheating and Ideas ... Gliding through the possibles ... Soaring threw ideas ... ..

Three pages , the ones that do come to the party .... and he lazy one ones that don't yet put in a comment .. then the historical peoples gone.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby dbcunnz » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:52 pm

I have been running the screenshot competition for 6 years now and it could possibly be the last as I am getting sick of all the bickering and petty picking and I am getting too old to be putting up with this sort of Shite over different opinions over almost every theme that is used for the competition.
So now is the chance for all those critics to come forward and have a go at running the competition themselves.
OnlineUser avatar
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:24 am

BLOODY OATH DOUG , No bickering from me ... I'm the Idea Man , maybe that is the problem ... to creative and going outside the REALM ... off some peoples imagination ... YOU HAVE THE COMPUTER .. rather the TV use it ! :huh:

By the the way .. pleased to see you using 'SHITE' rather than deleting my posts for another word but 'POOH' :P
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:44 am

Truly .. I don't understand why it is so hard to post a screenis .. OK this month is really away from my realm , BUT ya gotta give Doug credit .. Super man Credit .. for the constant smack on the nose time and date each month for these last six years ... YOU CAN SET YOUR WATCH by his screenie postings ! ... real food for thought ! :o
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Charl » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:31 pm

dbcunnz wrote:So now is the chance for all those critics to come forward and have a go at running the competition themselves.
I'll chip in since this has turned into a talkfest...
I've long thought the SS Comp format needed another look, if only because it's open to abuse in its present format.
In the worst case, a drive-by poster (That's one that never contributes to the forum, and only pops up in the SS Comp) can post a fairly mediocre picture with dubious NZ connections, convince all his little friends on social media to pop in and vote for him, and end up on the banner. Sharing the prize with said little friends is a credible kicker, too.
This is an ugly and cynical view I know, but entirely credible in our connected world.
The idea of the comp was to encourage wider participation in the forum.
I don't see this, it tends to end up chatting about itself!

My nomination for SSC boss is the Wingman, who first must cleanse his Ianglish of all profanity, then entries are anonymously posted where he can decide the winner :)
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:55 pm

Charl wrote:My nomination for SSC boss is the Wingman, who first must cleanse his Ianglish of all profanity, then entries are anonymously posted where he can decide the winner :)

HANG ON ! Doug dose a wicked job ... I'm just the 'Sidekick' Sorta like 'Dougman and bobIan' :ph43r: (throw me in a lake and ya find out) ... Now I have to go my big book of words called a dic Dic DIC .. oh bugger it , ... to figure out what just bloody well said , 'cleanse' Just washed my hands ... Crikey .. I could be here all night !
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Adamski » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:05 pm

As the one that came up with the original idea, I feel a bit responsible.

Would it be possible to hive off suggestions/comments about the screencomp format to some other thread (I think we've had to do this before!)? The signal/noise ratio for this particular month is in danger of killing off the whole comp, IMHO.

Adam.
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:11 pm

SUPER QUICK REPLY and to ADAM ... I think the theme was superb .. KEEP this in one spot .. leaves it open to suggestion, take the chat out .. we be without Brussels Sprouts , least the the thread is alive SO GLIDING IN FOR A CRUISE ! .. let see what happens now.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby dbcunnz » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:42 pm

Not much of a screenshot competition with 4 entries on the first page then heaps and heaps of post with no screenshot entries at all.
Maybe I should change the name to NZFF July 2016 Screenshot Competition Discussion :arrr:
OnlineUser avatar
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:32 pm

To Dougman from BobIan .. to the flightsim mobile .. screenshot shot the world .... look at this way Dougman man with cape and sidekick to the left .. again Look at it this way , No reason for people not to post a screen .. Ya all know my wrath ! .. I want to know the WHY NOT! :angry:
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby emfrat » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:34 pm

:angry: Here we go again! For the past three years there has been a thread in the Forum Community Discussion. It was created specifically to stop this sort of behaviour - why have the mods not moved these incorrect postings to that forum?
I for one am fed up with seeing this pot being stirred up every six months or so - and I don't see why Doug should have to cop it.
MikeW

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:50 pm

Mike .. I truly it comes down to it the WEEDING already done , least the thread is active , idea is to generate some or activate some response , I THINK THIS IS GOING to glide in ... you don't cull to it visitors , you invite them, you know exactly what I'm like .. and my operation here .. speak my mind ..SUPERB ! that's what we want , to contribute .. I have seen the decline .. known the names .. PM's, met the many over the ten years with a YOU as the most recent International , .. if you are posting here least you know peoples are looking even if its only an OH BUGGER!
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby emfrat » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:21 pm

I think a good start would be to move the entire "Screenshot Comp discussion " thread from the Forum Community Discussion where it is now, to the Announcements (sticky) section at the top of the Screenshot forum. Then there will be no excuse for not knowing about it. When I was working in Logistics, my management policy was to create an environment where the desired result is inevitable. That's what I am trying to do here.
The world would be a better place if it wasn't for all these human beings who keep popping up - this evening, both of my preferred seats on the train were already occupied when it pulled in to Central; this could mean war!
MikeW

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:29 pm

I look at this way , what is the Date today .. next theme , next month ... and this is gone .. idea was to get people thinking , I don;t have a Glider in FSX so created the idea .. What ! nothing wrong with the thought pattern .. give people ideas .. So so simple !
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Adamski » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:38 pm

For the benefit of those people who *aren't* suffering from "Deja vu":

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20711

Guess what ... the last posting was by me - over a year ago: » Fri May 01, 2015 1:06 pm

Could we *please* move the discussion there?

Adam.
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Re: Screenshot Comp discussion

Postby Ian Warren » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:19 am

YIP the Ole been there done that ! and done that again and again.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

PreviousNext

Return to Screenshots