Uploading Images Guide

Post and comment on screen captures from the beautiful game here. Home of the monthly screenshot competition

Re: Uploading Images Guide

Postby dbcunnz » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:53 pm

Just be aware that if you are using Postimage.org free version

Free
Ads YES
Image size Up to 8Mb
Image Removal 6 months with no views

Premium
Ads NO
Image size Up to 16Mb
Image Removal Never
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Postby toprob » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:16 pm

I didn't know that, I guess if you don't have a view in six months, it won't be too big a loss...

And I've never seen an ad on Postimage, I do use an ad blocker, I might turn it off and see what they mean.
OnlineUser avatar
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby dbcunnz » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:37 pm

toprob wrote:I didn't know that, I guess if you don't have a view in six months, it won't be too big a loss...

And I've never seen an ad on Postimage, I do use an ad blocker, I might turn it off and see what they mean.

My biggest concern is if you don't view it in six months will the links be lost for all images that have been posted.

A good alternative is OZx which has just updated their image hosting and looks real good now

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Postby toprob » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:46 pm

The only problem I have with Ozx is that they are down quite a lot, and the images load slowly. That's why I've been pushing for a more 'mainstream' image hosting solution.
OnlineUser avatar
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby johnkiwi » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:54 pm

I just tried loading my first ever screenie, noticed that it has a link below the pic to the postimage site... is this allowed? Can i edit it out if not?
johnkiwi
Forum Addict

Postby Ian Warren » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:58 pm

johnkiwi wrote:I just tried loading my first ever screenie, noticed that it has a link below the pic to the postimage site... is this allowed? Can i edit it out if not?

All allowed John , the idea is simply get the feel off it , and simply keep posting - if your happy with 'postimage' and it works for you .. stick with the tried and trusted ;)
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby johnkiwi » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:03 pm

Thanks Ian, i did try OzX but couldnt get it go upload fs images, but it would accept some other photo type images... all were jpg too
johnkiwi
Forum Addict

Postby toprob » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:06 pm

I can't see any problem with removing the link.
OnlineUser avatar
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby dbcunnz » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:16 pm

toprob wrote:The only problem I have with Ozx is that they are down quite a lot, and the images load slowly. That's why I've been pushing for a more 'mainstream' image hosting solution.

Have you had a look at the OZx updated site just been done and all new software 100% on what it used to be
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:24 pm

As yet I'm still to upload and post a Screen .. I think once we get more fluent with the recent changes we then help others.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Kiwia1spad » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:29 pm

dbcunnz wrote:
toprob wrote:I didn't know that, I guess if you don't have a view in six months, it won't be too big a loss...

My biggest concern is if you don't view it in six months will the links be lost for all images that have been posted.

A good alternative is OZx which has just updated their image hosting and looks real good now

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/

Im having issues with OZx, i had an account that seems to have disappeared in the last week, but yet my pics are still visible on here, and i have re-signed up to OZx but now their flash new layout will not let me upload images.
Kiwia1spad
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:45 pm

Hayden, like NZFF .. OZx images also did a full change and mod, all the old historical pics/screens will still be displayed but cannot be accessed , there setup is now super quick, I'll need to do another updated tutorial.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Kiwia1spad » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:55 pm

Ian Warren wrote:Hayden, like NZFF .. OZx images also did a full change and mod, all the old historical pics/screens will still be displayed but cannot be accessed , there setup is now super quick, I'll need to do another updated tutorial.

Thats cool, though my account was closed for some reason, i tried to login and it was an unrecognised email address despite it being my regular email
Kiwia1spad
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:58 pm

Kiwia1spad wrote:
Ian Warren wrote:Hayden, like NZFF .. OZx images also did a full change and mod, all the old historical pics/screens will still be displayed but cannot be accessed , there setup is now super quick, I'll need to do another updated tutorial.

Thats cool, though my account was closed for some reason, i tried to login and it was an unrecognised email address despite it being my regular email

Same happened with me, I think due to the numbers they service it requires re register.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby emfrat » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:07 pm

Kiwia1spad wrote:My biggest concern is if you don't view it in six months will the links be lost for all images that have been posted.

From my own experience I think "view" means "view your account"...I have been using PostImage for about three years now, and have never had a pic deleted. I certainly don't go through all my galleries and visit every image, to keep them 'alive', but I do visit my account at least once a month for the screenie comp, and probably on an average of 2 to 4 times a week. I would expect any free account which had become dormant, i.e. no activity over six months to be closed.
I really don't know - their terms are not clearly stated, and they may even have changed since I first joined, but that has been my experience of their service, and I have recommended it to many other people, without copping a lot of flak from them.
ATB
emfrat
NZFF Pro

Previous

Return to Screenshots