More DCS

Post and comment on screen captures from the beautiful game here. Home of the monthly screenshot competition

More DCS

Postby Splitpin » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:08 pm

I'm really locked into this at the moment .... but don't worry it will wear off, you know I go through these phases :rolleyes: Working out my budget for next month ...I really want to add the Harrier and Tomcat.
My system really struggles with some of the graphics, but its great screen fodder.

L-39ZA

Beriev A-50 Mainstay

Su-34 ... Сухой Су-34 ... nato call it the fullback.

and a lone Flanker

OnlineUser avatar
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: More DCS

Postby Charl » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:05 am

You're building quite an air force, Marty... what's a plane cost in DCS?

What were they thinking when they produced the SU-34??
Surely you can make a follow up to the Flanker look right, even if your country has just fallen apart and is broke?

Great surfacing detail in your series; I've painted a few FS planes over time, and can't begin to think how they textured that L-39.
Nicely showcased in that inverted shot.
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby Splitpin » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:34 pm

Thanks for looking Charl...re" what's a plane cost in DCS"... anywhere between 40USD and 80USD so not cheap. I havent purchased anything since the Viggen.
I shudder when I think about how much money I've sunk into this pastime (all sims)..... and I don't regret one cent, :) not one.
OnlineUser avatar
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Charl » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:53 am

Wow not cheap.
I also don't regret how much you've invested :clap:
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby Adamski » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:09 am

Splitpin wrote:I shudder when I think about how much money I've sunk into this pastime (all sims)..... and I don't regret one cent, :) not one.

I created a spreadsheet with all my purchases/serial numbers etc. - and made the mistake of adding a "cost" column. The "grand total" is calculated automatically, but I daren't look at it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well - it's kept me off the streets ... but then I'm also being told "I need to get out more"!

Super shots, BTW - which reminds me - I really need to fire up DCS again (and maybe actually *use* what I bought).

Adam.
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Postby Splitpin » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:17 pm

Adam ..... "I really need to fire up DCS again (and maybe actually *use* what I bought)." DO IT :thumbup:
OnlineUser avatar
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Return to Screenshots