My desktop

Post and comment on screen captures from the beautiful game here. Home of the monthly screenshot competition

Re: My desktop

Postby toprob » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:22 pm

This is one of the desktop shots which are there to remind me to fix something... the ad for the Galaxy Note really needs to be replaced, the Note 8 is already obsolete:)

toprob
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby jpreou » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:38 am

New premium tech ... setup a cam looking at the real ad - update in real time. People would pay extra for that ;)
-- Jeff, Rolleston, NZ
P3Dv4.x and a bunch of add-on stuff... some 'global' products, but otherwise NZ-only
jpreou
Forum Addict

Postby toprob » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:46 pm

At the end of the carpark building there's actually a 16 metre wide video screen, and another by the round-about. Prepar3d has all the tools you'd need to show animated ads etc, although that isn't on my todo list. Maybe one day.
It would also be very possible to automatically update texture using some sort of online tool. Again, not really my area, but if anyone really wants to build this, let me know:)
I can remember back in the old days, someone devised a method to stream HTML pages to FSX textures, including video....
toprob
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Adamski » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:38 pm

Looking good, Rob! Any plans to support X-Plane? :ph43r: :ph43r: :ph43r:
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Postby toprob » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:25 pm

There will be an X-plane NZCH, but I'm not sure of the extent at the moment -- Orbx have announced TE NZ, which I assume would include X-plane, so I was planning on doing X-plane airports only. But the timing is bad, so I may have to have a large area of photoscenery, like the Prepar3d version. But ultimately I don't plan to do X-plane photoscenery, just the airports.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby NZ255 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:58 pm

Hey Rob, can you post a source for TE NZ? I can’t find one.
I thought the Linz data had some pieces missing? Is this still the case?
NZ255
NZFF Pro

Postby toprob » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:11 pm

John's post here.

Yeah, still an issue with the westward side of the Alps, but hopefully not insurmountable.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Adamski » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:09 pm

There's a post with an approximate road map:
https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/164 ... reenshots/

With NZ being such a tiny slice of the sim market, NZ will never be a really high priority for ORBX, so I doubt very much that we'll see much (True Earth-wise) this year.

Adam.
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Postby Aharon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:22 am

Adamski wrote:With NZ being such a tiny slice of the sim market, NZ will never be a really high priority for ORBX,

That is strange considering the fact ORBX was willing to spend time and energy to do entire island of Tasmania but never showed interest on New Zealand which offered lots of green pastures?

I think I know why I know why I know why!!

Orbx cannot compete with Godzone Virtual's photoreal ground textures :) :)

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon
Sim-holic

Postby Jeffref » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:51 am

There is a website in Italy, Weebly, offering photo real NZ I think in 2M resolution. With Godzone added on top there is no need for ORBX. I have removed their land class NZNI and NZSI which is now redundant. I have also created Australia in full at 8M using FSET but my skills are low and it is not up to the same standard. It does however, do the job for me.
Jeffref

Previous

Return to Screenshots