The competition is now open!
The theme for August is:
... chosen by Adamski, winner of the June (theme) competition. If you have any theme-related queries, send him a PM!
Feel the wind in your hair and propwash in your face! Any location.
This month's competition is (once again) kindly sponsored by Flysimware and the winner will receive a download of their choice from the excellent range of Flysimware products.
They're great developers and have been a great sponsor in the past, so let's honour them with a good turnout!
Images can be submitted (or edited) up until midnight Friday 31st August (Pacific/Auckland: UTC+12).
Voting runs from Saturday 1st September up until midnight Wednesday 5th September (Pacific/Auckland: UTC+12).
Please read the rules below: if you have any queries, please PM Comp Admin for clarification **before posting your entry**.
- Visual Appeal: the winner gets their image displayed as a banner throughout September.
Vote for the image you find the most appealing.
- Relevance to the Theme: the winner gets the sponsored prize and sets the theme for the September screencomp.
Vote for the image you think best fits the theme.
- Entry (and voting) for the competition is open to all registered NZFF members.
- The screenshot image must consist of a screen captured from a flight simulator program (FS2004, FSX, P3D, X-plane, DCS/IL-2 or War Thunder).
- Some editing is allowed: additional images can be added (either real or other screenshots), but the main component of the image should always be from a flight sim.
- The images can be jpg or png and must be EXACTLY 1280px wide (any depth).
- Though "visual appeal" is all about the complete screenshot image (regardless of shape) bear in mind that, if it wins the "Visuals" poll, the final banner crops to quite a narrow letter-box shape - so try to compose your shot so as not to lose areas of high interest.
- No frames or text on the image.
- Keep the original uncompressed/high resolution version (BMP or TIFF) saved on your PC - admin may request it from you at the end of the month to convert into a site banner!
- DCS users may want to look at these DCS tips.
SUBMITTING AN ENTRY
- Please post all screenshot/entries here - in this topic (below).
- Only ONE entry/single image per member is allowed.
- Images can changed any time up until closing time (midnight, last day of the month): use the "edit" button at the top of the original post, delete the old image link and replace it with the new one.
- If possible, please add details of the aircraft depicted and general scenery/location information.
- After the competition entry deadline, all registered NZFF members may cast TWO votes: one for visual appeal and one for relevance to the theme.
The two votes can both go to the same entry or to different ones - but please vote in BOTH categories.
- Entrants may not vote on their own screenshots (!).
- The winner in the "relevance" poll receives the prize from the designated sponsor and gets to suggest a theme for the next screencomp.
- The winner in the "visual appeal" poll will have a cropped version of their image posted as the NZFF banner for the following month.
- Voting is OPEN - and placed by posts in a new (voting) topic.
- Votes are along the lines of Visuals vote to XXXX and Relevance vote to YYYY. Voters may add why they voted the way they did if they wish.
- Voting runs for five days and then the voting topic is closed.
- If you win the theme vote (and sponsored prize), don't forget to post a "thank you" topic with some screenshots!
That's it, folks - get snapping!