The competition is now closed, but VOTING is now open.
The theme for April is:
... chosen by Helifan123, winner of the February (theme) competition. If you have any theme-related queries, send him a PM!
Dusk occurs at the darkest stage of twilight, or at the very end of astronomical twilight after sunset and just before night.
Any aircraft and any location (but a NZ flavour would be nice)!
This month's competition is (once again) kindly sponsored by Captain Sim and the winner will receive a download of their choice from the excellent range of Captain Sim products.
They're great developers and have been a great sponsor, so let's honour them with a good turnout!
Images can be submitted (or edited) up until midnight Monday 30th April.
Voting runs from Tuesday 1st May up until midnight Saturday 5th May.
Please read the rules below: if you have any queries, please PM Comp Admin for clarification **before posting your entry**.
- Visual Appeal: the winner gets their image displayed as a banner for the following month.
Vote for the image you find the most appealing.
- Relevance to the Theme: the winner gets the sponsored prize and sets the theme for the next screencomp.
Vote for the image you think best fits the theme.
- Entry (and voting) for the competition is open to all registered NZFF members.
- The screenshot image must consist of a screen captured from a flight simulator program (FS2004, FSX, P3D, X-plane, DCS/IL-2 or War Thunder).
- Some editing is allowed: additional images can be added (either real or other screenshots), but the main component of the image should always be from a flight sim.
- The images can be jpg or png and must be EXACTLY 1280px wide (any depth).
- Though "visual appeal" is all about the complete screenshot image (regardless of shape) bear in mind that, if it wins the "Visuals" poll, the final banner crops to quite a narrow letter-box shape - so try to compose your shot so as not to lose areas of high interest.
- No frames or text on the image.
- Keep the original uncompressed/high resolution version (BMP or TIFF) saved on your PC - admin may request it from you at the end of the month to convert into a site banner!
- DCS users may want to look at these DCS tips.
SUBMITTING AN ENTRY
- Please post all screenshot/entries here - in this topic (below).
- Only ONE entry/single image per member is allowed.
- Images can changed any time up until closing time (midnight, last day of the month): use the "edit" button at the top of the original post, delete the old image link and replace it with the new one.
- If possible, please add details of the aircraft depicted and general scenery/location information.
- After the competition entry deadline, all registered NZFF members may cast TWO votes: one for visual appeal and one for relevance to the theme.
The two votes can both go to the same entry or to different ones - but please vote in BOTH categories.
- Entrants may not vote on their own screenshots (!).
- The winner in the "relevance" poll receives the prize from the designated sponsor and gets to suggest a theme for the next screencomp.
- The winner in the "visual appeal" poll will have a cropped version of their image posted as the NZFF banner for the following month.
- Voting is OPEN - and placed by posts in a new (voting) topic.
- Votes are along the lines of Visuals vote to XXXX and Relevance vote to YYYY. Voters may add why they voted the way they did if they wish.
- Voting runs for five days and then the voting topic is closed.
- If you win the theme vote (and sponsored prize), don't forget to post a "thank you" topic with some screenshots!
That's it, folks - get snapping!